Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Christian Kim Davis freed from Prison......developing...



Christian County Clerk Kim Davis was freed by Judge Bunning and told to go and sin no more. She was freed on condition that she not interfere with the issuance of marriage certificates to same sex couples. No attempt at a reasonable accommodation to her religious beliefs was made since she is objecting that she does not want her name attached to same sex marriage certificates. It would seem to be a simple matter to take her name off of these licenses but that is not the goal of the same sex marriage warriors. They want to stomp out any opposition and incarcerate anyone who does not agree with them.

The timing of her release is suspect. Presidential Candidates Mike Huckabee and Ted Cruz were scheduled to meet with her in jail. The hue and cry was beginning to gain some traction. The fact that an unelected judge tossed a public official into jail because she would not violate her religious beliefs resonates with many people. Judge Bunning wanted to forestall that by releasing her. It solves nothing. She has already indicated that she will not acquiesce into using her good name to certify same sex marriages. So we will be in the exact same place in a week or two. Will  the Judge be willing to find a reasonable accommodation? Will he direct that some non-indentifing language be used? Something like "The State of Kentucky" on the certificate and not "County Clerk Kim Davis." Or will they insist on compliance and worship at the altar of same sex marriage. I don't think it will end so easily.

I think he released her because the optics were bad and getting worse. He didn't find an equitable solution. Of course he was not interested in equity. Only power.

Many more Christians will be facing the gaol soon enough. This is just the canary in the coal mine.

This is not over. It will not end well.

18 comments:

Trooper York said...

To clarify upon further investigation. The licenses being issued are being issued without Kim Davis's name on them. It seems there is a question of validity since the statute involved requires her signature and name to be on the license as the authorizing authority. Much the same way legal tender requires the signature of the Secretary of the Treasury. So legislation seems to be in order. Or are the judges going to make the rules?

Trooper York said...

We need some clarity on these points. I hope the media will develop the story and let us know what the facts are regarding the requirement of her signature to have a valid license.

It remains to be seen what the facts are since various accounts differ.

AllenS said...

As long as she isn't throwing homos off of roofs, and if she says she's Christian, then she is.

Trooper York said...

You are not welcome in my threads Mary.

Tend to your own patch.

AllenS said...

Whoa! What happened to the lawn boy?

Trooper York said...

He is not allowed in my threads.

He might be around for a while until I review the comments but then he will be erased post haste.

Trooper York said...

Just the same way he operates in his meal tickets bailiwick.

AllenS said...

I understand.

Rabel said...

Bunning faked the throw to third, turned and threw to first and got called for a balk by the first base ump. Davis is awarded second base but will be stranded when the SJW's bring in Scotus to finish out the inning. The game is hopelessly rigged because Lynch is behind home plate and Obama is the Commissioner. Wait'll next year cry the conservative fans, while the owners just keep laughing all the way to the bank.

edutcher said...

Onward, Christian Soldier.

They're trying to cut their losses (love to see the real numbers on her approval), but the Gaystapo won't stand for it.

Leland said...

Thanks Trooper and Lem for providing a place for other voices to be heard. I don't completely agree with what Davis is doing, but that's because I believe people should try to follow the law. She is doing the exact opposite of what Gavin Newsome did, when the law was against him. Newsome was lauded as a hero despite scoffing at the law. I think what Newsome and Davis are doing as public officials will lead to anarchy. I see that as dangerous ultimately, but I felt that way when Newsome started doing what he did.

While I disagree with Davis, I'm happy to see someone fighting back with the same tactics that people like Newsome use. Which is while I can put aside my support for free speech to agree with Trooper's decision to censor Mary.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

The democrats probably polled it. It showed hurting Hillary so they let Kim out.

Leland said...

Faith based exceptions apparently are trending, which is to be expected when government officials start the trend.

chickelit said...

I'm glad the woman is free either because the judge had misgivings or because he wanted to head off a media circus.

I repeat from an earlier thread that I think it was a malicious and unnecessary step for the judge to have imposed that bail condition. It hurt everyone involved and probably only cheered a few gaystapo types.

chickelit said...

Leland said...
Faith based exceptions apparently are trending, which is to be expected when government officials start the trend.

But she's a Muslim, Leland. Women who love women who love Huma are going to cut her slack.

Leland said...

Which is while I can

I was a bit to efficient in my editing earlier... That was supposed to be: "which is why, for a while, I can".

In the words of Hillary, I apologize for anyone's misunderstanding.

Fr Martin Fox said...

Leland said:

Thanks Trooper and Lem for providing a place for other voices to be heard. I don't completely agree with what Davis is doing...

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, but offer a thought.

On my own blog, I posed this scenario. In 1944, the U.S. Supreme Court, in Korematsu v. U.S., ruled 6-3 that the government can lawfully round up American citizens and put them in camps. The citizens were, as it happens, of Japanese descent.

Had Kim Davis been refusing to comply with that, rather than Obergefell, my position would be unchanged. Either way, it's an unjust law, a law that deserves no respect; so while I don't claim anyone must do what Ms. Davis did, I am on her side, because she is resisting that which deserves to be resisted.

On my blog, I was responding to someone who argued, "it's the law" because it was "5-4," as if that's all there is to it. I'm offering it here for what it's worth.

Trooper York said...

I agree with you Father. It is the "Good German" ploy. Sure rounding up the Jews was terrible but it is the law and all good Germans have to comply.

Of course this is just about the only law the progressive mutts want to obey. Otherwise you can pee in the street while smoking a joint and the cops can't stop and frisk you.