Saturday, August 15, 2015

Whose that girl?



This Swedish cookie was on two of my all time favorite shows. Although she is ethnically Swedish in fact she was born and raised in the USA. In fact she played the Mom of one of my all time favorite characters. Who died in the one episode she was on but that was the rule for that show. The woman died in one episode. Every single time.

She also died in one of my favorite Medical shows of the 1970's. But at least she was the center of medical attention. I think she died of a hanging chad.

Of course she is best know for playing second fiddle to a nasty black dude who was the star of the show. So you might not recognize her because she was considerably older then. None the less whose that girl.

6 comments:

windbag said...

If I guess this little missy's name, do I get a gold medal?

edutcher said...

She was also Dan Blocker's mother.

PS She's dead?

Trooper York said...

Not in real live Ed. In either case.

But you have the right person.

Trooper York said...

She played Hillary to Robert Guillaume's Obama.

Lydia said...

Inga Swenson. And I swear I didn't look that up. I don't remember her from Benson, but from some movies. She played the mother of Helen Keller, for instance, in the Miracle Worker -- I still remember some of her scenes in that, very moving.

Just realized she and Liv Ullmann could be sisters, come to think of it.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Scarlett Johansson's mom.