Thursday, April 30, 2015

The People's Princess

Skipping through channels on mute I raced passed Chelsea Clinton speaking within a small group of women on stage, handlers it seemed,  in the center of them and being interviewed for something about which I would have no interest but *off mute*  I was struck in those few seconds, a long time in channel-surfing-time, with Chelsea's new and distinctly different mien. She carried herself and she spoke in a familiar manner. *mute*

That's enough of that. We've seen this before. Cornered, a new personality develops and blossoms to handle the new highly publicized challenge. Click. Spotlight. Now what? The remarkably successful template is already provided, Lady Di. We noticed this Lady Di, the People's Princess emerge in Louise Woodward when she was cornered with the charge of murdering by shaking baby syndrome. That was closer to the real princess's death and Louise is British so it was a closer more natural fit. I think this video shows what I'm on about. 

Now, I see the same thing in Chelsea Clinton. Cornered. Explain yourself. Lady Di. (I didn't really listen. I'm a terrible attention-payer when it comes to Clintons. I'm noticing manner and mien. Softly spoken, I'd have to turn up the volume to hear her, and why would I do that?)

Prediction: More Chelsea, more unassailable Lady Di mode. They have a foundation to protect and Chelsea must get out and protect it.

6 comments:

edutcher said...

Love the look on her puss, "You're not supposed to be mean to me and ask me hard questions. Don't you know my Daddy's rich and important?".

PS Is The People's Princess anything like the People's Republic?

rcocean said...

My hats off to you. I can't watch the Clinton's for even a second. Not because I hate them, but because I'm tired of them and so bored by them.

They are so 1998.

rcocean said...

As for Chelsea she reminds me of Amy Carter who reminds of Ron Reagan who reminds me of Jack Ford who reminds me of the Bush girls.

Nice, incredibly boring "celebrities" who no one would listen to for a second if they weren't related to a President.

AllenS said...

rc, those other girls showed up and then left the scene. I have an idea that Chelsea will never leave.

Amartel said...

CHILDREN of policitians, especially presidents, are SACRED and not to be bothered ever for the REST OF THEIR LIVES (unless their parents are Republican in which case let the harassment, unseemly prying, unflattering lying, and mean-spirited assumptions begin while they're still in utero and continue even after they're in the grave).

Amartel said...

The Dems already have an embarrassing and thoroughly unAmerican history of anointing disgusting politicians and their acquisitive showboating family members as "American royalty" (the Roosevelts, the Kennedys). So this is this generation's iteration of that. Ew. Just when you thought it couldn't get any more embarrassing. At least Carter, awful as he was, and is, didn't fall into that trap.