Friday, April 17, 2015

“He’s a quack and a fake and a charlatan”

"Dr. Oz doesn’t walk or talk like a duck — but 10 prominent critics say he’s still a quack."
The group of nationally known doctors, in a lacerating letter to his boss, called for the TV doctor’s dismissal from the prestigious post of vice chairman of Columbia University’s department of surgery.
“I think I know the motivation at Columbia,” he continued. “They’re star-struck, and like having on their faculty the best-known doctor in the country. But the fact is that his advice endangers patients, and this doesn’t seem to faze them. Whether they’re hoping Oprah will come and endow a center for homeopathic medicine, I don't know.”

4 comments:

bagoh20 said...

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

Maybe someday, but for now, the bank account is looking strong.

I'm weak in faith myself, but I do hope that justice is eventually done to us all.

Aridog said...

Uhmmm...me, personally, I don't take medical advice from television.

edutcher said...

The Blonde thinks he walks on water and, since like almost all nurses, she sees most doctors with something less than adoration, it's a little surprising to me she is such a fan.

JAL said...

edutcher -- I am really surprised. Perhaps The Blonde hasn't really been paying attention to the truly weird stuff he promotes. His wife is a "Reiki master." Not a fan of McCaskill but she rightfully read him the riot at last year before Congress.

Check these out: Dr. Oz on Twitter

and

Oz -- America's Quack