Friday, October 17, 2014

corn flakes


Is any breakfast more mundane? 

Sometimes I yearn for it. 

One time in Mexico I yearned for it. So I ordered it in the hotel restaurant. They actually offered Kellogg's corn flakes, rooster on the box and everything. 

But the corn was different. Maize or something. Distinctly different. And the milk was different. Not quite so homogenized, not so Pasteurized, perhaps from a different species. I don't know, but qualitatively different, not worse, just different. The banana was different.

I am interested in who looks at this page. At least once a day, some days more, some days there is a run but rarely is anyone from America drawn to the post from the photo. I think that's funny. What, haven't the countries been exposed to the extraordinary legacy of Kellogg and Post? 




6 comments:

edutcher said...

The only thing more mundane would be oatmeal.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

I made about 8 attempts to say what I want to say.

I'm going to call it a fail.

Perhaps it will suffice for me to list the elements I was trying to tie together: . . .

Nope.

Can't even do that.

Bye, for now.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

My mother, Don Draper, pigs, communism, evolution, Americana, pigs, Saturday morning cartoons, law school, pigs, European culture, a cruise my wife and I took on the Mediterranean, pigs, beer packaging, beer rating websites, pigs, nature abhorring a vacuum, fever swamp paranoia, and pigs.

There was more.

But that'll do, pig.

Fr Martin Fox said...

I only like Frosted (corn) Flakes.

They're gre-e-E-E-A-T!

rcommal said...

Good grief. I, myself, in my half-century + of life have poured many versions of milkish things onto various versions of flakes.

And that's just with reference to actual cereal--you know, food, or at least foodish, as in breakfast.

---

Metaphors, OTOH, they're not for breakfast, and nor, of course, are they actual.

rcommal said...

On a separate subject, I did witness the Blogger-service hiccup to which has been referred.

That sort of thing gets fixed quicker these days than that sort of thing got fixed even 1/3 of a decade ago, much less than 2/3 of a decade ago (etc). This truly is a blessing, though perhaps not so much for teaching patience to those whose impatience is finely tuned, on account of never having to curb themselves in order to practice patience.

; )