Saturday, August 9, 2014

David Wiswell

Apparently David Wiswell is a San Francisco comedian, I think, but this video is recorded in NY. David uploaded it to a links board to garner comments and we gave them. They are jokes that he wrote and posted on Facebook and he has people he meets in NY read off his phone. His jokes are better than their reading of them but hilarious to me nonetheless. It is the one video this night that had me laughing outright. His jokes strike me as very funny, in fact, I intend to steal them. They are already internalized.

The thing is, some of the comments chided him for spamming. They can be touchy over there and one commenter took issue with the length of his group membership, some four years, showing none of the usual participation so he considered the upload to be spam. They look at his profile and see "0" in places that show he did not do any of the usual group participant things throughout those four years. They're looking for videos that he liked, they are counted automatically, his responses to videos, there are none, questions of the week that he responded to, there are none. They looked at best answers to questions, there are none, and very few messages. He responded, "Well I guess I don't know the rules of the board." They'e not rules, it's just that they show no participation, no interaction on the board, then this video appears out of the blue then it seems a bit spammy.

I don't do any of those things either. I rarely engage conversationally. Never, in fact. I say my bit and move on. Post my gif or video link and leave. That is my habit. Their criticism of him can apply to me. And I've been a member some nine years or so. I must appear terribly aloof.

But then he did the worst thing of all. After collecting comments, most of them good, most people were encouraging about his jokes, encouraging about his career. I was encouraging, they're very good jokes, in my opinion, like I said, I was laughing for once, he deleted the thread. And that is a crime on that board. On that site it is. I'm quite confused why he did that. The thread was fine and dandy when I left. I went back for it and, poof, it was gone. I know where it was, and now it's not there and search turns up no results. Boy, do they ever become cross when people do that. They will let him have it should he return, and now I know why,because their thoughtful responses are wasted. Luckily I had changed over to YouTube so I can view his upload there full screen and that is how I found it again where it shows in history, by then I had forgotten his name. David Wiswell has pages of uploads on YouTube along these same lines, stand up and skits and such, this and that random thought acted out, and they're all amusing in the same twisted way.

I cannot display it here because, come on, this is a family site. Wiswell mixes wry sexual insight with wry Christian bathos, sacred with profane. I viewed a few of his uploads (I always struggle with a reconstruction that avoids the obvious redundancy "I watched videos" = "I watched I view") and they seem to follow the pattern: sexual, sexual, Christian bathos, sexual sexual, Christian bathos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvFr6zDO_yA

10 comments:

ndspinelli said...

Saturday morning laughs. The women reading were hot, the men gay/metrosexual. All hipsters.

ricpic said...

"I rarely engage conversationally."

Emily Post is mortified!

EP: Mister Ahoy, don't you think you'd have a richer, fuller life if you did engage conversationally?

CA: Get stuffed you old prune....respectfully.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

That is freaking hilarious!

And yes, the women are all great-looking.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

He had me at: "Oh hai! I didn't see you there!"

The Dude said...

That's funny because we were just talking about Julian Lennon here.

Is he a double fisted drinker? Or am I misunderstanding some of this hipster lingo?

Rabel said...

"Is he a double fisted drinker? Or am I misunderstanding some of this hipster lingo?"

Your innocence is touching, Sixty.

ndspinelli said...

Sixty is almost always guilty, and rarely innocent. Not guilty does not equal innocent.

Guildofcannonballs said...

Oh yeah?

Guildofcannonballs said...

I have concluded Chunk Ahoy is apropos.

ndspinelli said...

He's semi pro.