Monday, July 7, 2014

bûche de février



Meringue shapes, caps and stems.


Ganache for glue.




Bûche de noël, Yule log, but this was February, so bûche de février. If you would make one this month obviously it would be bûche de juilet, and just like bûche de février have no cultural significance whatsoever. But who cares? It's fun.  

It's a thing in France. Designers go crazy. They add all kind of things, holly, berries, trees, candles, snow, Santa Clause figures, elves, words, pistachio, ring designs, bark designs, ferns, candy, chocolate, reindeer, white frosting, white chocolate. 

You know what would be great?  Ice cream. 

Google Images [bûche de noël]



7 comments:

chickelit said...

Qu'est que tu fais avec les Bosch?

Chip Ahoy said...

Je l'utilise pour gâteau au fromage

et ici

et nouilles.

et ici

et brioche por ejemplo, I meant to say, par exemple.

MamaM said...

Normally, the pictures posted are more than enough, but not this time. Oh noes. Not when the gateau gauntlet's been flung down with effusive fervor, creating visions beyond what was provided.

all kind of things, holly, berries, trees, candles, snow, Santa Clause figures, elves, words, pistachio, ring designs, bark designs, ferns, candy, chocolate, reindeer, white frosting, white chocolate.

Hmmmm. Maybe this post is crossing another as more links showed up. I will post and then click to see what the French is about.

MamaM said...

Will DBQ or ND Spinelli visit chocolate log threads?

I hope so. I'm looking to find out what kind of grill basket they use for vegetables on the grill. (Discussed in Grilling Post)

deborah said...

Très belle. I like Ina Garten also.

Dust Bunny Queen said...

Wow. Those look great! and all of the other links to Chip's things wot he ate have me salivating. I wish I could take such fabulous photos of food. (or of anything for that matter of fact)

I love to bake things too and I am definitely going to try the butternut squash cheese cake this fall.

The Bosch pasta maker is intriguing.

Synova said...

I'd almost forgotten that Jelly Rolls existed (those are all chocolate, of course). When I was a kid I took Home Ec. and we *needed* to know how to make a Jelly Roll. And I realize that I can't remember the last time I've ever actually seen a Jelly Roll. It's like, food from the 70's or something.