Thursday, April 10, 2014

sign language rap battle



Hay Ted it. 

Black and yellow, black and yellow, black and yellow, black and yellow

That should stick out with perfect clarity and it does not. Especially noticeable when all three do the same repeated phrase you can rightfully expect some semblance of unity but we see no similarity as if all three are speaking separate languages, I see "black" indistinguishable from "summer", "sweat, even "Russia." In all cases, I see random "y" floating around in all over the place when it appears at all, beside, in front, upward, downward, the "y" needs to sit in one place be explicitly referring a color and shake for it to be recognizable as "yellow" and all three women know that. You cannot bounce around with floppy clothes, extraneous jewelry, layers, move continuously and switch positions and expect to be understood. I did not receive one single straightforward word. Communication fail. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Rap is better when you cannot hear it.

bagoh20 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bagoh20 said...

Now come on. It's not like Rap is all that easy to follow for hearing folk either, so maybe it's appropriate that it be a little messy.

At least you didn't say "pull up your pants".

Now here is the thing: I can't dance for shit, but I really wish I could. Now I know I can move just like that guy singing, but he looks cool and I'd look ridiculous.

I'm a victim of the young, non-white, liberal, female power structure, and you will not get my cooperation until you admit your oppression.

Reparations! And by that I mean 40 groupies and blunt.

Unknown said...

I ran into my friend Robert on his bicycle yesterday. He handed me a promotional flyer for Everton Blender at the Lazy Dog. It's tonight, and it's music full of love.

ricpic said...

Talk about low rent sheeit.