Friday, April 11, 2014

Demis Roussos

I hate myself for not knowing who this guy is, not even as crossword solve. His academy award would at least give me Remis but somehow I missed all of this.

More famous elsewhere. Very popular in Greece first, British vacationers enjoyed his music there but it never did quite caught on. An individual within BBC wondered why, then produced a show describing what he called the Roussous-effect. He became immediately popular in Britain.

He is associated with Vangelis. I learned he was hostage on the TWA flight 847 highjacking. Born and raised in Alexandria, and boy does the first video show it, his family moved to Greece during the Suez Crisis.

The development is interesting, I think.


Then what appears to be a leap across decades. I never heard this, and it blows my mind. I love it immediately. Cannot find where to buy mp3. Downloaded it for free! Everyone already knows about this. 



I guess that "green" is a famous misheard lyric as "clean," but hat would be stupid after white, red, and black. The last one needs a clean.

He wrote Tales of the Future soundtrack for Bladrunner.

He wrote Chariots of Fire, won Oscar for that, vocal version Race to the End an Tu Libertad.

6 comments:

john said...

His twin brother, on the other hand ...

Synova said...

I just have to say... I hope he's sitting on a mushroom.

john said...

Strange circumcision marks on that cork.

Synova said...

The second video is way way better. I suppose the lesson to learn is that you can go on to amazing things after doing really stupid things on drugs.

deborah said...

"He wrote Tales of the Future soundtrack for Bladrunner.

He wrote Chariots of Fire, won Oscar for that, vocal version Race to the End an Tu Libertad."

Impressive. He looks rather like Pavarotti. Was he a crossword clue?

Icepick said...

Demis is hairy enough to have been cast as Zed in ZARDOZ.