Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Destino

Of love. Dali + Disney = hummingbirds = win!

Comment: ... This is Destino. A Salvador Dali-Walt Disney joint. Pulled from the dustbin in 2000, they recently completed it for your eyeball pleasures. And here it is...



Comment: "The six-minute short follows the love story of Chronos and the ill-fated love he has for a mortal female. The story continues as the female dances through surreal scenery inspired by Dalí's paintings."

But the video below is no such thing. Crazy things from Spain, now crazy things from Italy.

Sexy People. Made into an ad. 



And when you get here beautiful sexy people be sure to sign up for Obamacare first thing. Get started on that right away.



But gosh, going back to this I scanned backward through ten versions of Bohemian Rhapsody in ASL. 

I learned how babies react by expressing need, how dogs react similarly by showing that same thing exuberantly, and how cats react to the same experiment. So now I'm like totally a psychological expert.


I'm signing up for Eastern European Men's School.

But here's the thing I want to tell you. If you want to dye clothes then you'll be directed to the grocery store product Rit because that is the most convenient way to go, and that product gets terrible reviews. Nobody is happy with that. And nothing else reasonable is suggested. When you click through on Amazon tons of stuff come up but nothing at all promising. 

Unless you ask for a specific product. Like this four-color fabric dye kit with fixer.

The thing is I cannot find orange pants that fit. It's almost like a universal agreement that orange pants is a bad idea, and yet that is what I keep coming back to. Answer: dye them. But I don't want any ol' orange, no, a specific orange, one a bit brown, not sienna, not earth-orange, strong and deep but not bright and happy, rather, a serious orange. 

And then the thought that there is no such thing as a serious orange when it comes to pant if not bridges, and I admit you don't see that and probably for good reason, but I still think I can pull it off, that orange pants will go with a whole lot of my jackets, without being Halloween about it. I can do that. And right then, right when my doubts were the deepest, about one inch, the past Dr Who actors gathered for 50th anniversary bash and David Tennant showed up in orange pants. Like the cosmos saying, "Yes." That does work. Possibly. Sometimes. With artistic-types. Perhaps.


Well let's go then. My idea is start with yellow pants instead of white and see how that goes. Those things come today, pants and dye. Tennant also showed up with a pony tail weaved in hair but that is not part of the cosmic affirmation. 

3 comments:

Shouting Thomas said...

Love the visual style of the Dali inspired animation.

bagoh20 said...

Looks like a typical Tuesday morning here, except my Pit Bulls are sexier.

I like Charley Sheen.

The Dude said...

The Dali was impressive. Too bad that wasn't around in the '60s.