Saturday, November 2, 2013

Revenge of the Gummi Bears

Gummi Bears.  Yummy, sweet, tasty wonderful Gummi Bears.  Happy and colorful, sure to put a smile on your face.  A nice treat at home, or in the workplace, or while driving.  You love them, I love them, kids love them, the whole world loves Gummi Bears.

The sugar in delicious Gummi Bears can be a teensy weensy issue for folks watching their weight or their blood sugar or their body mass index or their abs or whatever.  But not to worry!  The fine, fine people at Haribo make a super-tasty sugar-free version; a change in the recipe so subtle that not even the most addicted Gummi Bears eater can tell whether it's the sugar or the not-sugar that makes the ethereal sweet flavor.

That might be hyperbole.  Slightly.  There are some differences, as noted in the reviews posted at Amazon.  Small stuff, really.
What came out of me felt like someone tried to funnel Niagara Falls through a coffee straw. I swear my sphincters were screaming. It felt like my delicate starfish was a gaping maw projectile vomiting a torrential flood of toxic waste. 100% liquid. Flammable liquid. NAPALM. It was actually a bit humorous (for a nanosecond)as it was just beyond anything I could imagine possible.
What? Couldn't be.  It must have been something he or she ate for dinner, not the Gummi Bears.  Let's look at a different review.
When I got these, I couldn't contain my excitement and I ate about a quarter of a bag. Scenes from the movie 2012 could have been filmed inside my gut. There would have been less pressure to make two winning free throws in the NBA finals than for gas to escape my bowels. After a few hours, I had an EXTREME build-up of gas with no relief. All I could do was lie on my bed and pray for a fart. That might sound funny, but when you've eaten something that has basically turned you into the blueberry girl from Willy Wonka, you're pleading for relief. Well, the farts came and I lived through it but I not only had a visit from the fart fairy, but the sales rep from Montezuma's Revenge stopped by and gave me a FULL demo of their services as well.
Sometimes people make stuff up, ya know?  Really, you can't trust some of these reviews.  Let's keep looking.
That's where things started to go wrong. Thrust increased, to be sure, hammering the porcelain, but the exhaust flow became turbulent. It was also becoming asymmetric. The signal came from below, "The engines cannae take any moor, Cap'n!" (I have no idea why my arse has a Scottish accent.)

Fuel flow dropped off and the nozzle output dropped to merely 10%, with some damage to the combustion chamber
 Say.....maybe there's some truth in these reviews.  But...how could these Gummi Bears be repurposed?  How could they be used for the general good?
I am getting these and taking them to work. Good times to be had shortly and I will sit back and enjoy the explosion of a show.
Or even better...
I am sending a bag of these to every member of Congress to show my deepest gratitude.
Heh.  Go here to read all of the reviews.  Best product reviews I've ever seen on Amazon.  And happy shopping! Keep a bowl of Gummi Bears on your desk in the office.
 

24 comments:

chickelit said...

Welcome aboard, Michael Haz!

Icepick said...

So this just happened, then.

Icepick said...

It left me very confused.

Icepick said...

And the "apostrophe 's'" is back. It's like you guys are just trying to fuck with me.

Palladian said...

Hey, it's Haz! Hello Haz!

And what a topic for your first post!

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

What came out of me felt like someone tried to funnel Niagara Falls through a coffee straw. I swear my sphincters were screaming. It felt like my delicate starfish was a gaping maw projectile vomiting a torrential flood of toxic waste. 100% liquid. Flammable liquid. NAPALM.

That is going to over-excite Titus. I hope he doesn't faint.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Welcome aboard MH

ndspinelli said...

Haz, Your addition adds a biker influence, an even more eclectic mix than before. chick is a cheesehead by birth but you are a lifer.

Icepick said...

I once accidentally picked up a half gallon of sherbert that was sugar free. I didn't realize what I had done. I didn't realize that later that evening I was eating a large bowl of stuff made with sugar alcohols.

It was not the most pleasant early morning I have ever spent.

Icepick said...

Naturally, the biker influence immediately results in explosive Gummi Bear flavored shit busting out all over. Hmmm....

rcocean said...

There goes the neighborhood

rcocean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chickelit said...

Lem, the "bad alcohols" are called fusel alcohols. The liver tries to digest these and makes bad aldehydes which cause hangovers.

Trooper York said...

This is great.

What a great topic for a post.

You know Boo Boo lived on Gummi Bears.

He was a bit of a fine young cannibal.

Trooper York said...

Michael Haz is a great addition to the masthead.

Great work Lem.

Trooper York said...

You have to go a long way to find a more sensible and level headed guy.

I salute youse guys.

Trooper York said...

I do think a far left voice like Ritmo or A Reasonable Man or Phx would also be a great addition to mix it up a little. To give us a little balance.

But what a good idea Lem. Keep up the good work.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

So if I need a colon blow, I know where to go.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I second Troop's endorsement of Michael Haz to this blog. Great choice.

bagoh20 said...

We could use a few more lefties in here. And more righties everywhere else.

Trooper York said...

I think putting a real lefty would add some interesting discussions to the mix. Plus we can demonstrate the fact that we are open to other viewpoints who can express their opinions without being destroyed.

After all this is not an Ivy League University.

bagoh20 said...

I blame abortion and free birth control for the lack of lefties.

Michael Haz said...

Thanks for the kind words. I'll do my best to add something to Lem's blog.

deborah said...

Haz, welcome...please keep us up to date on the USS Picnic Table :)