Friday, October 4, 2013

Intro for Treehouse of Horror XXIV Couch Gag

Guillermo del Toro for this year's treehouse of horrors episode.  They've been on twenty-four years. I did not know that.



I'm not that great at maths. In Algebra for Business we were asked the first day what we hoped to get out of the class. 

I thought back at a frustrating math situation. Renting a car. Days plus miles. Which offer is the best deal? How could I prove mathematicaly what I intuit is true based on my stay and anticipated miles? And right off the bat, that was the very first word problem in the book. Turns out to be a break even thing, you find mathematically where they are even. 

This video is 640 X 360, says so in the embed code that is copy/pasted into the html here,  and the width in this blog template is 550, comfortably 525. So the math is this:

640   525
360 =  x

I think what you do is multiple 360 x 525 then  divide 640  = 295.3125

But I'm not sure. So I opened a new document in Photoshop with dimensions of 640x360 and changed the width to 525 keeping proportions and it filled in the answer close to 295.  

2 comments:

Shouting Thomas said...

My special math deficiency is a general inability to keep track of whether my Boolean variable is currently set (in my code) to 1 or to 0.

Especially when it comes to OOPS programming, keeping this shit clear can be a nightmare.

bagoh20 said...

Great Simpson video.