Saturday, August 24, 2013

A Horribly Slow Murder


With the Extremely Inefficient Weapon. Video on YouTube that Richard Gale made. Pardon the ad.

I watched that movie from beginning to end like this: bink, skip, bink, skip, bink, skip, bink, skip, bink, skip bink, because you know what is going to happen the whole time, and got it no problem, certain I didn't miss anything, but still, it made me think deeply.

I meant to say shallowly. It made me think superficially about how that matches things in real life. It reminds me of a political party and that made me hate it although commenters think it is brilliant. I do not.

But this movie, Odd Thomas, here is the whole thing, I did watch all the way through and I laughed, I cried, I got freaked out, and relaxed, lost hope for humanity, had it restored. It is everything I ask for in nonsense, this is how shallow I am. It's not that clever either. You see things coming a mile off, but so what, it still works on me,  and it is derived as all heck, but it still totally got me so the conclusion is, I suppose, that I am very easily emotionally manipulated. I recommend it but not for kids, too scary. And it takes an hour, the thing says an hour and half, but I checked this chicken at the hour and that is how long the movie actually took.


8 comments:

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Me gusta.

deborah said...

I think we need something akin to a NSFW acronym, like not safe for soft-hearted weenies who will be depressed if they see certain vids.

So, what's the vid about (no depressing details, please).

chickelit said...

It made me think of modern excavations in Pompeii which use spoons and paintbrushes to remove roomfuls of dirt. And you do realize that entire blocks of Pompeii still await excavation.

deborah said...

Okay, LOL. It's pretty damn funny.

Anonymous said...

That bird looks like it was thouroughly cleansed before roasting.

Chip Ahoy said...

The bird soaked in buttermilk for a day.

deborah said...

Mmmmm...so what exactly transferred into the bird?

Anonymous said...

Now don't go drinking that buttermilk.