Monday, October 27, 2014

chatroulette Jesus

Chat roulette, connects users from around the world randomly for conversation. Either party can end the chat at any time. Cannot see myself doing any such thing. It's just asking to be flashed.  



That was the fun bit.

This is the un-fun bit.  

This is the other god on earth, Bill Gates in 1998 when Microsoft was accused of violating Sherman Anti-Trust in applying monopoly power by incorporating Explorer browser into Microsoft operating system, alleged to have been instrumental in Microsoft's Explorer replacing Netscape for dominance in the browser marketplace. Eroded later by other browsers as the browser wars continued. By way of reminder, we all lived this. 

But we didn't actually see the testimony.

It appears to me Gates is doing all that is possible to obfuscate, in jaded impatient world-weary way and the questioner is out of his depth. In my opinion Gates comes off as a tech support guys goofing on the questioner's inability to form precise technical questions. He is obviously trolling.

Example:

Gates:  I'm not getting your question. Are you asking me what I was thinking when I wrote this sentence? 
Lawyer: Let me begin with that, what were you thinking when you wrote that sentence? 
Gates: I don't specifically remember writing this sentence. 
Lawyer: Since you don't have an answer for that question, let me ask you a different question. 
Gates: No, I have an answer. The answer is I don't remember. 
Lawyer: You don't remember what you meant. Let me try to ask you… 
Gates: … I don't remember what I was thinking.  
Lawyer: Is there a difference between remembering what you were thinking and remembering what you meant? 
Gates: If the question is what I mean when I wrote it, "no."
And so on, for hours, this part 9 of 12.

It appears to others Gates resembles Kermit the frog, but I am not seeing that.


Because Kermit is green, Duh.

13 comments:

Chip Ahoy said...

Jesus said he's the ultimate zombie because he died and came back and haunted for three days then flew up to the sky.

Back to Sunday School for you, Jesus, you zombied over a month longer than that.

Mark 16:19
Luke 24:50
Acts of Apostles 1:9

Urantia gives the best most touching description of this period that I've encountered. It's a bit long, three whole pages. But, man, is it ever gripping.

Paper 190:0 Morontia Appearances of Jesus

190:1 Heralds of the Resurrection

190:2 Jesus’ Appearance at Bethany

190:3 At the Home of Joseph

190:4 Appearance to the Greeks

190:5 The Walk with Two Brothers

191:0 To the Apostles and Other Leaders

191:1 To Peter

191:2 First Appearance to the Apostles

191:3 With the Morontia Creatures

191:4 The Tenth Appearance (At Philadelphia)

191:5 Second Appearance to the Apostles

191:6 The Alexandrian Appearance

192:0 Appearances in Galilee

192:1 Appearance by the Lake

192:2 Visiting with the Apostles Two and Two

192:3 On the Mount of Ordination

192:4 The Lakeside Gathering

193:0 Final Appearances and Ascension

193:1 The Appearance at Sychar

193:2 The Phoenician Appearance

193:3 Last Appearance in Jerusalem

193:4 Causes of Judas’s Downfall

193:5 The Master’s Ascension

193:6 Peter Calls a Meeting

194:0 Bestowal of the Spirit of Truth

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

Now, here's the weird thing. It's been a bee in my bonnet for . . . what? . . . more than 35 years.

Those montage clip things where some audio or video engineer takes bits from a bunch some things and slices them all together in some other way. For example, you're watching TV and there's a commercial for some cable service and the announcer will say "You get full access to the XYZ movie channel" and then there'll be a clip from a movie where some actor delivers a tag line like "Hmmmm, IMPRESSIVE.

The first one I remember was some local radio station where they came up with some gimmick to play three songs in a row by the same rock band. The promo for it was a bunch of countdowns from rock songs all spliced together. 1-2-3;1+2+ 3;1=2=3;1>2>3; 1@2@3.

YAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!11!1!

* pulls out big clumps of own hair *

God! That's fucking annoying!

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

So what's the weird part?

It's that I found the Jesus splice thing highly entertaining.

Clever, even.

Go figure.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

It's like a miracle or something!

Shouting Thomas said...

Jesus, I'll bet, had a pretty good sense of humor.

Bill Gates... not so much!

Bleach Drinkers Curing Coronavirus Together said...

It appears to others Gates resembles Kermit the frog, but I am not seeing that.

That's because they were actually listening to his voice, too.

JAL said...

So did Bill and Hillary review this tape before being questioned about sexual and financial dalliances?

Unknown said...

Ever watch the cartoon movie "Despicable me"?
My top three cartoon movies are:
Shrek
Despicable Me
Up

but that's beside the point.
In "Despicable Me", the bad guy makes me laugh because it's totally Bill Gates in cartoon.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Also........
I hid under your porch because I love you.

Chip Ahoy said...

I'm not hearing it either, Asshole, nor feeling it through my fingertips, nor tasting it nor smelling it.

chickelit said...

I used to sit in on and assist legal depositions as a technical advisor -- mostly chemical patent disputes. You must know that every deponent is heavily coached. None are allowed to "be themselves." There's a game that litigators play -- trying to find some discrepancy between deposition testimony and "on the stand" witness testimony by the same person. It eats millions of dollars a year.

I realized a couple years ago that even in 1912 witnesses were highly coached. Every White Star Line crew member who testified in the American and British Hearings was coached within an inch of their lives. It's been going on forever and will likely continue.

Bleach Drinkers Curing Coronavirus Together said...

I'm not hearing it either, Asshole, nor feeling it through my fingertips, nor tasting it nor smelling it.

Then either take the dick out of your ear or admit to your deafness.