Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone, and I can use that pen to sign executive orders"

"President Obama held a press conference a short time ago in the White House where he emphasized that he is not waiting for legislation, that he has a pen and he will use it to sign executive orders:
But one of the things I’ll be emphasizing in this meeting is that we are not just going to be waiting for legislation in order to make sure that we’re providing Americans the kind of help that they need.

I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone, and I can use that pen to sign executive orders and take executive actions and administrative actions that move the ball forward in helping to make sure our kids are getting the best education possible, making sure that our businesses are getting the kind of support and help they need to grow and advance, to make sure that people are getting the skills that they need to get those jobs that our businesses are creating.
Obama is going to "fix it". Meaning the opposite. Obama has been president for 5 years now; doing more of the same is not going to fix anything. He is going to make sure things get worse.

11 comments:

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

"I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone, and I can use that pen to sign executive orders."

I'd have advised him to deliver that line while rolling up his shirtsleeves.

The Dude said...

He forgot "No morals to restrain me" - that should have been in there.

Aridog said...

Finally, he has demonstrated that he is the most dangerous person to ever hold public office. "Period."

I'm Full of Soup said...

When I read that the FBI has already announced the IRS investigation will not garner any arrests, I lose respect for FBI agents and for law enforcement in general.

How can they not speak up when they know laws are being broken?

john said...

I've got a phone too.

I can play that game.

Aridog said...

AJ Lynch...welcome to the world of the institutionalized bureaucracy. They serve only their own interests. "Period."

It really took very little push to destroy the legislative and judicial branches. Just who would enforce the law?

virgil xenophon said...

BOHICA!

virgil xenophon said...

Or, put another way: "Bend over, put your hands between your legs, spread your cheeks, stick your head down and kiss your sweet ass good-by!"

AllenS said...

Why his approval rating is over 5% is beyond my comprehension.

virgil xenophon said...

See, impeachement is the only solution to this and Obama knows that'll never happen because a) the GOP is gutless and doesn't want to be labeled as "racist" prior to the 2016 election and poss lose the Presidency and, b) as long as the Dems control the Senate or until the GOP establishes a 60+1 majority it's technically impossible.

And the courts are of no help as the SCOTUS is on record that this sort of stuff is a "political matter" between Congress and the President. SOooo...............BOHICA!

Methadras said...

So he's out in the open now about his disregard for the Constitution. Quite refreshing to see him admit it since he doesn't have the constitution to follow the Constitution.