Thursday, November 26, 2020

Giving Thanks Grudgingly


Well, I'm thankful I've finally got a new Windows 10 box that can talk to Blogger. On the other hand, I still can't access my old email account, despite having talked to half the Yahoo techs in Mumbai (and paid $4.99 for the privilege). Grrr. I'll try again tomorrow (Round 7 or so), after another inexplicable 24-hour lockout expires. Also, there's the whole Ongoing Coup thing.

Nevertheless, I saw a rabbit on my walk today, and got the back yard raked; so I'll ignore the Doubtful Guest and enjoy the day. I hope you all will do the same.

[edit] Hey, what happened to the Blogger "Labels" list?


4 comments:

The Dude said...

Perhaps Trooper knows what happened to Labels. All I know is I type in the ones I want, they never even suggest older ones, and as near as I can tell every label just gets used then tossed into a giant bit bucket somewhere.

Edward Gorey was a freakin' genius. That is an apt illustration for Thanksgiving. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. It is good to see you back in action, and I hope you are doing well, other than dealing with "Greg" in Mumbai. Hang in there, bubba, remember, this too shall pass. Of course I was told that last time I had a kidney stone, so there is that...

MamaM said...

Good to see you here again, Mumpsimius. I was afraid you might have lost your sense of humor, had it shamelessly stolen from you; or, almost as harmful, been visited in body by the humour of black bile, or had one of the brushy red balls of virus roll in the door.

As for the Doubtful Guest, I like the surprise of encountering something unfamiliar in the fun-to-think-about category. The opposite of the surprise and dubious nature of the covid balls still rolling and blowing around MI to the point of causing the Gretch Who Stole Christmas to slam the shutters one more time for another three-week stint.

Every Sunday it brooded and lay on the floor
Inconveniently close to the drawing-room door.


Some Sundays I come perilously close to doing that myself, usually in the late afternoon hours.

Trooper York said...

The list is there it is just hidden.

They tried to improve the site but they just made it worse.

I changed the format to list the tags but it messed up the look and most people didn't like it so I left it alone.

Just type in your tags and you will see what comes up.

It is an imperfect solution but that is all I got unless we change the format.

Mumpsimus said...

Not a big deal, Trooper. Thanks for the info.