Thursday, September 3, 2020

Tom Terrific is dead.....and so is baseball





Tom Seaver was my Dad's favorite player. He was an old time Dodger fan who switched to the Mets as a lot of National League fans did when the Dodgers and the Giants fled to the Coast. Tom was one of the two men he admired most along with Roger Maris even though he was a hated Yankee.

I vividly remember this game as my Dad let me stay up to watch the game with him. One of his cronies was over and they were going to go out but they stayed to watch the game. He let me stay up. He even let me sip from a can of Reingold. I felt bad for him when Jimmy Qualls got that hit in the ninth inning.

The simple please of the game visible on that clip are gone to us now. It's all social justice posturing and political slogans to appease the left wing monster machine..

Tom Terrific has passed away. A lonely nation turns its eyes to you.

But you're dead.

Just like the game.

3 comments:

The Dude said...

He was a darned good pitcher. I was sad to read of his death. Lewy body dementia is a horrible way to go. I feel for his family and friends who had to see him deteriorate that way.

But of course, his is listed as as Wuhan Lung AIDS death, they have to make their daily numbers.

ndspinelli said...

I listened to Seaver win his 300th. He was pitching for the White Sox and won in Yankee Stadium.

ndspinelli said...

I went to my first MLB game at the age of 4 w/ my old man[1957]. When we returned from Yankee Stadium he complained to my mom I hardly watched the game and just wanted to eat concessions. My mom's response, "Chrissake he's 4, what the hell did you expect?" This is the 1st year since 1957 I will have not attended a MLB game.