Thursday, August 22, 2019

Trump cancels student loan debt held by disabled veterans

Story is in the title at Washington Examiner.

Just like the G.I. Bill.

Reason enough to enlist.

Oops. Hang on.

It's for wounded warriors.

Well, a guy like John Kerry would be set, a war hero with three purple hearts.
"I am taking executive action to ensure that our wounded warriors are not saddled with mountains of student debt," Trump told an audience of veterans. He is ordering the Department of Education "to eliminate every penny of federal student loan debt owed by American veterans who are completely and permanently disabled."
The order affects 25,000 veterans with an average of $30,000 of debt.

Let's see you go 25X3 then add all the zeros. So that's what? 750000000

Seven hundred fifty million. I bet. Three quarters of a billion. I bet.

Maths!

Plus no tax.

Trump is also urging the States to get off the vets' backs with taxes involved with this.

5 comments:

AllenS said...

Well, I guess if you're going to reduce anyone's debt, veterans should be the first in line.

Amartel said...

Good move.

edutcher said...

Classy.

Tank said...

Stupid. Veterans borrowed money, now we're going to cancel it.

Stupid.

Are veterans children?

Are they not responsible for their own actions?

Are they crying titty babies?

Stupid.

This is a form of virtue signaling. Knock it off Mr. Pres.

Dad Bones said...

I'm glad I had to pay off my student loan but veterans with combat injuries are another story. Some lyrics are good reminders of the way things can turn out.

I had a good home but I left
that big fucking bomb made me deaf

I left my arm in my coat
now I'm home and I'm blind and I'm broke


T Waits 2011