Monday, July 8, 2019

The mushroom rule

Elsewhere in comments to an article about Cuccinelli telling CBS Face the Nation interviewer Margaret Brennan that ICE is poised to enforce thousands of deportations nobody trusts Cuccinelli for his being a serious Never-Trumper. He's brilliant and he's interesting but he was against Trump. Commenters wonder why Trump tolerates him. They assume his position is some kind of test.

I'm going to tell you a joke.

A early commenter said he would use the mushroom rule if anyone is to be deported.

That's a bit vague.

The next commenter said, you mean feed him shit and keep him in the dark?

I added a joke. I mention it now because a lot of people favorited it. I've been getting notifications constantly since yesterday.
A woman was widowed four times. A man sympathized then asked her what happened to her fist husband.
Widow: He died from eating poison mushrooms.
Man: What happened to your second husband?
Widow: He also died from eating poison mushrooms.
Man: That’s terrible. What happed to your third husband?
Widow: A lot of bad mushrooms grow around here. Same thing. He died from eating the wrong mushrooms. Back then I honestly didn't know how much longer I could take all this. It was all too much emotionally. It nearly destroyed me.
Man: Dare I ask what happed to your fourth husband?
Widow: That was different. He was bludgeoned to death.
Man: OMG! That’s horrible. What happened?
Widow: He refused to eat his mushrooms.
My brother told me that when I was eight. This is the first time I repeated it. I stood there not laughing. I asked him what bludgeoning means. He told me it means beating the crap out of someone with a stick sometimes so hard that they die.

Wow. How awful.

Oh. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Oh man, my brother was really funny. But he had to explain everything to his dopey little brother. I didn't get any of his jokes. To me he was like totally intellectual. Looking back it must have been frustrating. No wonder he kept ditching me all the time. I must have been dreadful. And that makes his patience and the time he did spend with me even more meaningful. Thank you, Barry. For your impressive patience.

1 comment:

ricpic said...

I'm letting you off the hook...this time. I mean what eight year old knows what bludgeoning means? But your brother, what was he, twelve?...he should've known to dumb down the punchline for an eight year old. Just say'n.