Thursday, June 20, 2019

Sky Rider

Airline seat manufacturer Avio Interior introduced airline seats at Paris Air Show this week.

Full description and details at SFGate.



Oh, hail no. 

This one doesn't seem so bad so long as everyone has your own thin build, but not when everyone who flies is at least one hundred pounds heavier than your svelte self smashing you like a potato chip.




Amputee.




I might have got mixed up with those last two.

You're expected to pay for this indignity. 

I hope the industry rejects these. But knowing how much people like flying on the cheap I expect they'll accept nearly anything.

Here's the thing, consider flying an expense and don't go anywhere that doesn't have first class. 

6 comments:

WWIII Joe Biden, Husk-Puppet + America's Putin said...

I'd be willing if all flights were less than 30 minutes. Get me to Paris in 30 minutes, and we'll talk.

Amartel said...

You're not completely far from the truth with those last 2. I read recently that one of the major airplane mfrs is looking into seating/stuffing people IN THE WING. Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm reading the Babylon Bee or some other highlarious fauxnews site and sometimes I'm too depressed (and busy) to check. This might be one of those times.

Rabel said...

Their logo looks like a python about to swallow a baby.

Amartel said...

Or the seat giving someone a turbulence wedgie.

Some Seppo said...

Those stand-up seats have been proposed for at least the last 5 years. I think Musk's pneumatic tubes will be in use before any air carrier would adopt them.

Plus the FAA won't certify an overcorwded aircraft set up like this because it reduces evacuation time.

https://www.faa.gov/news/fact_sheets/news_story.cfm?contentKey=4008

edutcher said...

I might have got mixed up with those last two.

No, you didn't. That's how they see us these days.

Ever been to Disney World? They call it crowd control, but it's really just herding,

Can't wait to hear Mr Favor yell, "Head 'em up! Move 'em out!".