Thursday, June 27, 2019

Chow mein

Causes eye floaters.







My mother made his all the time. The ingredients came in two tins connected with tape. The vegetables were not as pictured. And they came did not come with dry toasted noodles that you put on top. It's what they had at the commissary on base. That's where she got the idea and a habit she picked up at Barksdale then at Lowery and when that closed the USAF Academy. I've seen them in grocery stores and when I do I think, oh man, that's a little bit sad.


5 comments:

chickelit said...

I make my own version and call it Chow Mine

The Dude said...

When I lived with Hessians I called it "Küche Meine".

Narrator's voice "No you didn't".

Chip Ahoy said...

I make it with beaver meat and call it Chow Maine.

ricpic said...

Are there no Chop Suey fans?

chickelit said...

I guess you're chopped liver, ricpic.