Sunday, June 16, 2019

Charles Payne interviews Peter Navarro

This is a good video marred by its beginning showing polls relating to tariffs. Nobody understands the real effect of tariffs on a highly manipulated global economy because all that we know is based on genuine free market system. But now we have a gargantuan communist country into the mix and global blocks that manipulate supply chains and the supply of products on national and regional scales and these entities respond differently than historic pattern that form the basis of all that we know. The new text books are being written right now. By the actions of President Donald Trump.

The polls that Payne cites are contradictory. Frankly, polls are irrelevant.


unrelated time warp ↓.


I just now experienced the most awesome time inversion that gained me half a day.

I stayed busy on Sunday, so much as possible but I kept getting wiped out. It's a long dragged out desultory story of pain and suffering. Here let me start at the beginning.

Psych!

Just kidding. I had to keep sitting down. I worked in spits and spurts, fits and starts, surges and lulls, pulses and pauses and so on throughout the day, falling asleep here and there.

I woke up at 7:00

I have an appointment in Parker at 10:15

That means leave the house at 9:15

That means shower and shave at 8:15.

That means look at Google Earth and practice getting there with an eye for all the weird little things.

At 8:00 I look outside and its darkening and I think, oh man, this could be heavy weather. Check that too.

I shower and shave.

I come out and it's even darker.

I think, oh man, it going to rain like H-E-double Hell-sticks.

Now wait. What? No wait, what? The weather is not making it darker, the sun is going down!

Did I miss the whole day?

No! I slept only an hour.

I faked myself out by the whole AM/PM thing.

Now I'm really ready for my appointment. I'm never ready this early.

I even have time to pick up on some work that I left off for being too tired.

Time warps usually do not work to my advantage like this one.


2 comments:

Amartel said...

Polls are just there to give cable news anchors something to sound knowledgeable about. They're utterly meaningless at this point. It's irresponsible to have polling this early (except for the primary and even then it's silly).

Amartel said...

Which is not to say I don't like Charles Payne. I do. But it's alarming how much of the "news" is just there to service the infotainment-political-crony complex.