Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Steamed clams



Wine and butter is a great combination. And I thought there would be more vegetables, like celery. I think I would like cubed potato in my clam juice. 

In fact, I'd like to load up the few cups of juice with vegetables. Avocado, and tomato. And maybe even a few shrimp. What the heck. Scrounge around for whatever is on hand. Which is a lot to feed into the juicer. Bok choy, baby Napa, Chinese spinach, cucumbers coming out of my ears, apples. All kinds of citrus. Carrots, of course, papaya, guava, pears. More vegetable than clams. 

Fresh basil would be nice. 

I bought a huge bunch of mint at the Chinese market but it's hardly mint-y at all. 


6 comments:

ricpic said...

Who knew Chrissy Teigin steamed her vajayjay?!

The Dude said...

When I saw the title of this post I figured Troop had posted it.

ampersand said...

You know how to steam a clam?




Tell him he's lower than oyster crap.

MamaM said...

No one loves a sourpuss.

MamaM said...

Clams reproduce sexually, but reserve the right to be hermaphrodites.

MamaM said...

As for the huge bunch of mint that was hardly minty, I'm guessing the wonderful new market is going to deliver its own version of a moldy coconut down the road. They too are bowling for buzzards, hoping to knock over as many pins as possible and rid themselves of as much product and scraps as possible.

For as dazzling as the selection appears, finding ways to make use the whole thing is one of the cultural features of the group running the place.