Saturday, October 6, 2018

Bad Things by Machine Gun Kelly and Camila Cabello

A little deaf boy watches this song interpreted in American Sign Language and is amused. It's the boy's favorite song.

Ah! I guessed wrong.

I just now read the description.

I see four interpretations. A girl with thick long red hair who's copping sexy poses, moving her mass of hair around, getting situated in various situations around the house unnecessarily edited between them, does a fairly poor interpretation.

A young black girl does an excellent smooth interpretation in textbook sign.

A young man does a harsher, slap-dash version using the same signs.

A young thin silky-long haired Asian girl, it looks like to me, makes up her faces with Joker lips for the male portions and pigtails for the female version. Rather good interpretation.

While they all do things a bit off. Two of them say "complicated" backwards. It's like two hooked inchworms crossing each other, they do it separated from each other as scissors opening. Here, look. Similar version.

I don't know why people say "head" from the jaw to the cheek. The actual sign goes from the jaw to the top of the head. It bugs me when people show their brains in their jaw. Here, look. Again.

Each individual video has other things a bit off.

I guess which video the child was watching because the Joker face girl seemed to me the most intriguing to a child.

The red head sex pot is too far away from the camera to be interesting to a child.

The male is too sharp and harsh to interest the child.

The black girl is partially lost to the shadow, her sign is smooth and flowing with nothing to interest a child. Yet it does. The child picked the most friendly, sweetest, smoothest, clearest, the best video if he saw all four of them.

Poop. Now it says in editor the video unavailable. In case it doesn't show out of editor, here is the woman that the child is watching.



This is the child. Ew, he's so cute I could gobble him up.

The description on YouTube says, "This is my little brother ..." The hand that reaches in to move his hair is tender. Love is obvious. The boy absorbs the affection, keeps watching without moving at the hair adjustment, showing that he gets a lot of that. This boy is in a good family.

Adults were constantly touching my hair. Straightening me out, combing my hair, brushing my hair messing it up. I thought that was weird. "Get your f'k'n germ-hands outta my hair." But now I understand it. Children are living dolls for adults. That's what you do with your dolls.

5 comments:

deborah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
deborah said...

I wasn't going to watch the vid until I saw the baby's reaction. I wondered how a deaf baby not of talking age could enjoy it so much. I guess at that age they have picked up enough sign to enjoy the rhythm of the signing?

Excellent video.

Chip Ahoy said...

There are nice comments to the black woman's video.

One woman said that her 1 year old deaf child is obsessed with it. That no matter what is going on, no matter how bad a situation, if she shows the the boy that video he calms right down and becomes happy. And he screams if the video is taken away when he's watching it.

That made me think that he senses he's being spoken to. And when you keep watching a hundred times you start to understand things like "crazy" and "out of my mind" and "together," some things are intuitive. I think he's figuring it out by matching with facial expressions. Or at least forming ideas about what he is seeing, but with no sense at all of the music.

ricpic said...

The romantic view of kids is only possible if you don't have any.

MamaM said...

While there are moments when a child's behavior may appear precious, cute, intriguing and adorable, viewing them as living dolls is what people who have some growing and maturing of their own to realize tend to do. At least that's how it was with me.

Based on the way I was raised, I was expecting (actually counting on) SonM to be like a little doll that I'd dress, care for and play with before returning to work 3 months after he was born. I was planning to hire someone else to "watch him" for me while I fulfilled my life and earned more money than I'd be paying for his care. Fortunately and unfortunately, the circumstances and complications surrounding his birth and first year of life invited me into a different reality and an unexpected form of interaction with him (and eventually his younger brother) that I'm grateful for to this day. Through difficult times and good ones, including many precious, cute and memorable moments, we were invited, individually and together to grow and become autonomous adults.

For better or worse, I believe children invite their parents on a journey to the Growing Edge with them. Children who are afforded safety, welcome, regard, respect, can be a joy to be with in addition to bringing unimagined challenges and heartbreak to the table as a matter of course.