Sunday, August 26, 2018

Morissette Amon

Since you hated enjoyed the "Like it doesn't exist" post, I have another to torture please you.

Looking though the various videos last night caused me to discover other things. The Wish studio has a broad window open to the street a floor or two down. The vehicles passing by are decidedly Philippine. Are all these outrageous singers Philippine? Yes, They are.

That explained why I haven't heard of them. Their range is amazing. Their control impressive. Their gliding within their expanded range is impossible. Just listening puts chills on your skin, like you're hearing something unworldly, something from angels.

One time I heard Bette Midler, I think, say "It wouldn't matter if she won this or that contest, talent like that bursts through the floorboards." That's what I think about Morissette Amon and Darren Espanto. They're recognized in the Philippines but not in the US. I expect with near 100% certainty we'll be hearing a lot more of them.

Last night I couldn't find a wikipedia page on Morissette Amon, today it's top of the search.

I didn't even know this is a thing. There are tons of videos of voice coaches reacting to new talent.  I found this one interesting. Most interesting to me is how gracious all of the coaches are. How stunned they appear when confronted with these voices.

10 Times Voice Coaches SHOOK.





3 comments:

XRay said...

And the one dude saying how she'll be so much better when she hits 30, her voice more mature. She's definitely got pipes.

MamaM said...

Since you hated/enjoyed the "Like it doesn't exist" post, I have another to torture/please you.

I appreciated the other post, as I'm grateful for other perspectives and prompts that invite me to consider what matters and where I stand.

This one however, made me smile. All the way through. The words to the song mattered not a whit. The sound of her voice was everything. Plus I loved seeing the reactions and hearing the responses of those who were listening, in addition to listening to her voice dance and soar.

Beautiful, Excellent, moving, real, authentic. A blend of skill, natural and learned, with a strong emotional connection. Head and heart, voice and body, all working together in balance.

deborah said...

Chip goes to the far reaches of the internet bring back yum-yums for us. Really cool to see the experts' reactions.