Friday, August 24, 2018

Miyazaki Mangos



We just heard the mango is Irwin variety originating in Florida while the following video tells us it originated in Japan. The technique originated in Japan, extremists as they are, not the mango variety.

They attach little aluminum reflectors at the base of each net.

Irwin is a dwarf variety. They don't say this but that's why they chose it. Better for greenhouse farming and better for their intense hands-on technique.


While back in Florida they have their own obsession with varieties while they grow mangos wholesale in scores of varieties.

Everyone talks funny. I shut them off before halfway. The Americans tend to ramble and speak as with hatchets, while the Australians land heavy emphasis at the points of their distortions. The Latin kid with the actual "duck" bill hat speaks as if every single mango variety is Spanish.

Dredlocks Dude eats a mind-blowing Irwin mango in Thailand. (Talks funny)

Cheerful duckbill hat guy shows us mango farm in Florida. (Talks funny)

American samples family mangos. (Rambles with hatchet speech)

Lady emphasizes dwarf species. (Talks funny)

I like all these lovely mango people. I can tell they're all very nice. I wish they would all take up sign language.

Conclusion: Mango people are a little bit fruity. 

8 comments:

The Dude said...

That was a dude? Damn. Dude needs a decade or two in the weight room.

But that settles it - I am signing up for an ASL course - I couldn't understand any of those mopes other than the American couple.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

There are lots of varieties of mango. I personally preferred the Oasis variety I tried in Egypt. I was small, but hardly any fiber, but sweet and super juicy. You had to eat it over a sink.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I loved the little nets catching the mangos.

I grew pineapples till they got ripe. You have not lived till you tried a pineapple ripe off the bromiliad (bush).

deborah said...

Sadly, not a mango fan. Mmmmmmm pineapple. One of the best fruits.

MamaM said...

Conclusion: Mango people are a little bit fruity.

Peach people are obsessed with the divine.

I offer all my MamaM M's and more to peaches. They're the fruit of the hour and the month at the Mhouse right now.

ampersand said...

The Japanese seem to work hard to make very expensive foodstuffs from Kobe beef to square watermelons. I wonder who the market is.

There's a Asian supermarket chain called H Mart. Lots of produce you can't find anywhere easily. I was surprised they sell Durian fruit. Durian is supposed to smell like crap and taste divine, I guess similar to Limburger cheese. There are places that ban Durian on the premises because the smell is so bad and lingers. In "Kruschev Remembers" he writes that he brought some back from Indonesia and pranked fellow commissars by making them eat it. It's good to be the King, er Tsar, er Premier.

XRay said...

I had fresh mango off the tree in Belize, and yep, the guy that fetched it was a little 'fruity'. Don't know what variety but it was good.

XRay said...

Oh, not at all 'fruity' in 'that way'... just weird.