Thursday, July 5, 2018

dog


This is the dog I was watching last night.

The guy gave me his card with a great photo of himself on a shore with his feet in a lake and this dog having fun with its paws on his back. The tiny printed photo has the dog look like an ink blot, a common photographic washout that happens with this breed's black coat. The camera's sensors go, "that area is the darkest" so its algorithms make the entire area black with light to dark range based on that.

So I offered my services. Because with raw files I can adjust mid-tones. But he responded he's set with photos and sent a few that are outstanding. Tremendous shots of himself with this dog at the grand canyon. Very fine photos most likely taken with a phone camera. Others are better for scenery but this one is best for the differences within black. It's a veritable study in black. I don't think I can do any better than this. 

They wear their collars like jewelry. 

2 comments:

edutcher said...

Scanning technology and photo editing software opens up new worlds.

The Dude said...

Great picture of a great looking dog.