Monday, March 19, 2018

Variation on a theme by Gil Evans? Miles Davis? Does anyone know?

The first cut on Miles Davis' album "Kind of Blue" was a tune called "So What". Did Gil Evans write it or just the intro? Did Mile Davis write it? Here is one take on that.

Miles Davis.

Then along came James Brown, and he recorded this: Cold Sweat.

Pee Wee Ellis wrote it and gave credit to his source material. Words about the music.

You can open two windows at once and play them simultaneously. Just for fun, you know.


Weather conditions have not been optimal for dramatic sunrises lately so this is one from last month. Nevertheless I am thankful to be here regardless of how picturesque the sunrise is.


6 comments:

AllenS said...

I quit Facebook today.

The Dude said...

I understand that. I am sticking with it for now.

ricpic said...

Say what you will about these mugs, when they made Klaus Nomi they broke the mold.

This is my new policy: first sentence that pops into my head (like the above) you get first dibs on!

Who "they" are is anybody's guess.

Today my boiler failed. Big crisis here in upstate NY. Anyway, turns out that when new oil is pumped in, if the level of old oil was very low, a lot of gunk gets kicked up and then everything clogs up and your boiler stops woiking. That's right....woiking. Guys said to me when they left, "Good luck" ha ha ha.

The Dude said...

Well, since we are expecting more cold and snow here in the Southland, whence cometh the blues, I can only imagine how dire the straits will be way up yonder. Is it repaired, as in, providing heat, once again?

As for Klaus Nomi - he seems normal.

windbag said...

I can barely comprehend enough of Miles Davis to enjoy his music. I've never been able to analyze his music.

Two reasons I'm still on facebook: keep up with my kids (which is less and less effective with other social media platforms being the preferred ones for youngsters) and it's still an effective tool to weed out undesirables who apply for a job.

ricpic said...

It's repaired. Ya think I'd let the guys walk out without having fixed it? Actually, every time something like this happens, first I feel it's the end of the world, then my saviors (the repair guys) come and fix whatever's failed, then I feel.....SAVED.