Apple built Siri into its latest update, Sierra, 10.11.5 so I tried it out. Frustrating at first because either Siri is partially deaf or my laptop microphone is not that great or I have a serious speech impediment. Hmm, I think that I'm beginning to understand why it seems so many people don't care to talk to me.
Siri was perfectly useless at first misunderstanding everything. But then I finally got a few wins. I didn't have much to ask anyway. If you care to see it, this how our first session went.
What does schematic mean?
* SkinMedica — Official Site
* Buy SkinMedica Products Online
* Skinmedica TNS: Does Skinmedica TNS Work
Siri, what color is your dress?
* Wikipedia, color
Show me an Egyptian falcon
* Wikipedia, Kitchen
* who would you like to call?
Show me Horus
1) * Porch
2) * Koert
3) * Corn
* Harvard Illinois Bancorp closed at 13.80 last Wednesday.
Egyptian god Horus
* My policy is the separation of spirit and silicon.
* Photos didn’t find any photos.
Show me Oisiris
* I found quite a number of movies matching “Silence”
* That may be beyond my abilities at the moment.
Show me pyramids
* Wikipedia, Parapet
How do I write hieroglyphics?
* I’d be happy to give you directions. Where would you like to go?
I’d like to travel the Nile.
* It doesn’t look like you have an app named “Travel”. If you’d like, I can help you look for it on the App Store.
Show me a dog.
* Wikipedia, Dog WIN!
Show me a Belgian Tervuren.
* Wikipedia, Asteroid belt
Siri, sing me a song.
* I’d rather leave that to the professionals
Siri, how much sleep do you get?
How much sleep do you get?
* Here’s what I found on the web for ‘How much flight ticket’:
Siri, do you sleep?
* I never rest, but thanks for asking
What do you wear?
* I can’t answer that.
Do you have any kids?
* None, the last time I checked.
Are you married?
* Do you start many of your conversations this way?
What’s your favorite word?
* (work) My name is Siri, and I was designed by Apple in California. That’s all I’m prepared to say.
What’s your favorite word?
* I don’t like to play favorites.
Did you ever steal anything?
* I don’t know how to respond to that.
Where did you bury your competitors?
* (where can you carry) Map to Creager Merchantile Wholesaler 3.5 miles
How do you make dumplings?
* Wikipedia, Dumpling. The main ingredients for dumplings are flour and potato. WIN!
What kind of soup is best?
* (what kind of soup) Web search Wikipedia, What kind of soup are you quiz, types of soup, 50 soups. WIN!
Where do clouds come from?
* Wikipedia, Cloud, Cosmics Leaving Outdoor Droplets or CLOUD is an experiment being run at CERN by a group of researchers lead by Jasper Kirkby to investigate the microphysics between galactic cosmic rays (GCRs) and aerosols under controlled conditions.
What is an Animal?
* Wikipedia, Animal WIN!
How do you plant a caladium?
* Good information on planting caladiums. WIN!
Is it a crime to kill someone?
* I don’t know how to respond to that
Can penguins fly?
* Good information on penguins flying WIN!
Where does corn come from?
* Wolfram Alpha Corn North American distribution, a good map WIN!
How many species of snake in the U.S.?
* Good information on snakes in the United States. WIN!
What color are your eyes?
* I don’t have eyes. But if I did, I think I’d be rolling them a lot.
Thank you, Siri, you’ve been very nice.
* I aim to please.
* Sorry, I can’t help you with HomeKit here.
What is HomeKit?
* HomeKit lets you use your IOS device (and me) to control things in your home like lights, thermostats and smart plugs.
I must go now.
* OK, here’s what I found Fresenius Kidney Care Dialysis Clinics.