Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Bartenders of reddit, what is the smoothest pick up line you've ever heard?

Top voted comments...

Bar tended in college. Guy walked up to a girl at the bar, goes "Hi my name is Ben*, and I'm going to buy you drinks until you find me attractive." Girl smiled and laughed and he asked what she would like to drink. She looked him over (he was already very attractive), turned to me and said "In that case, I'll have a water."

Buzzed gentleman extends hand to slightly more buzzed woman and asks," will you hold this while I step outside?" They cone back after sharing a cigarette. Pay the tab, take a cab together to wherever.

I'm a bartender, and so far "we're closing up, but if you want another drink, I live upstairs" has worked exactly 0% of the time.

A coworker tried to start a game of tic-tac-toe with a pretty girl by drawing an empty board on a napkin and handing her the pen. She just wrote down her phone number.

I bartend in a pub next to a college campus. I watched a guy say "that's interesting" or "Oh, man, that's crazy!" for a full hour and a half before leaving with a girl way out of his league.
Fake it till you make it, ladies and gentleman

Way late to the party but heard this one while closing down a couple weeks back.
"Come on, lets go back to my place, I'll make you a quesadilla."
This girl had been swatting guys away like flies all night but that one worked out.

Not so much a pickup line, but I bartend at a big college bar and when you wordlessly hand your friend a beer when the bar is swamped and he just got there it makes him look that much cooler to whatever girl he's talking to.

3 comments:

edutcher said...

Richard Dawson (a legendary lady killer) to Beverly Sills:

I thought all the angels were in Heaven until I heard you sing.

Methadras said...

I used this one once.

"I like the way you drink."

bagoh20 said...

"Go ahead, Let it out. I'll hold your hair."