Thursday, October 20, 2016

Chris Wallace to Donald Trump, "You've said things that are just not true."

Wallace, "In the last debate you claimed that Aleppo has basically fallen, which is inaccurate."

Trump, "Look, you stupid weaseling little ignorant dope, (sniff) there's a big fat difference between still being there, still being bombed and and still being cleared out (sniff) contrasted with usefulness as base of operation for Syrian rebels (sniff). Aleppo has fallen as base of operation."

Wallace, "Syria and Russia are not busy fighting ISIS, they're bombing eastern Aleppo. Would you like to clear that up?"

Trump, "Look, Stupid, first, this is the reason why children of proper journalists don't automatically make good journalists themselves. Journalism should not be treated like some medieval guild and that's why you are not respected. I already answered that, you dope.  Aleppo is useless. It's fallen. People actually lived through the bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki and Okinawa and Tokyo, and Berlin, and Dresden, as these places were falling, and throughout even after they fell, people survived there even as they cities were destroyed and made useless for military operations. What's wrong with you? There's a difference between fallen for military use and depopulation."

Wait.

I think I might have changed what Trump said. It's coming back to me now. Apologies. Trump actually said, "Aleppo is a nightmare and the U.S. shouldn't be trusting rebels they cannot identify."

7 comments:

bagoh20 said...

Yea, I didn't get Wallace's point at all. Aleppo has fallen unless you consider a pile of bodies and rubble a strong hold.

He even admitted that it was a tragic scene of massive murder of innocents right after arguing with Trump about whether it had "fallen" or not. It was a brain fart by either Wallace or me.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

That was Wallace's worse point of the night, but he questioned Hillary on a few things that were worth it.

bagoh20 said...

Did you see this part of the debate?

Wallace: "You've said things that are just not true."

Trump:
"I know, Chris, but here's the thing. I want to win, and I've been watching the last few elections, and it's pretty clear to me that the candidate who lies the most, gets the job. I've seen it happen over and over. Hell, have you noticed that the press will even help out the one who's doing the most lying. Remember Candy Crowley? That bitch knew how to play the game. Too bad for her she has looks made for radio. Anyhoo, I was winning until all this new evidence came out showing how much Hillary and her people lie and cheat. Suddenly she pulls ahead! Well, it doesn't take a slap in the head to get me to answer the dinner bell, so I thought I'd give it a try. I figured that since I was just a piker at this compared to my opponent that maybe you guys would help me out a little, like you do, to keep it interesting.

I know that lying is a prerequisite for the job, but as a gentleman, I think you should ask Mrs.clinton that question first, second, and third in recognition of her superior volume of work in the field. I'll wait my turn."

edutcher said...

When somebody says you've said things that aren't true, you'd better make damned sure they say the same to the other guy.

Or Beast.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

If Trump were smart, it would not matter what tosser question was asked of him.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

Bagoh - lol. If only!

Another missed opportunity by Trump. After every BS answer from Clinton, Trump should have responded "Is that your private answer/ or your public answer?"

Methadras said...

Actually Trump looked at Wallace and said, "What do you want? A signed note that it has fallen? It's fallen, have you seen it?"