Friday, May 6, 2016

The best Science Fiction Show on TV



There aren't a lot to choose from these days. Unless you are talking about zombies or the undead or crapola like that. I don't care for that crap so I want to recommend "Orphan Black"  on BBC America.

I don't know if I have already done a post on this show but I am catching up with the new season and want to recommend that you give it a try.

It stars one of the best actresses I have seen in a long time. Tatiana Maslany plays a clone so she has about ten different characters that she has to keep track of. From a tough criminal type girl to a cop to a lesbian scientist to a soccer mom. Every year they add new clones and new characters to make it dizzying. My favorite it the Ukrainian assassin with the bad table manners. Plus Maria Doyle Kennedy for a rockin' Irish rock babe from out of my past.

There is a long involved story but luckily it is on Amazon Prime and On Demand so you can start from the beginning. The science fiction part is weird enough. This season they are featuring bio-alteration which seems like a sly commentary on trans-gender politics. 

There is a real lack of decent Science Fiction these days so I really enjoy this show. Highly recommended. 

6 comments:

Methadras said...

I'm really trying hard to get into this show. It's not working. I'm not sure why either because this kind of show is right down my alley.

chickelit said...

There is a real lack of decent Science Fiction these days so I really enjoy this show.

There's so much of it in the news these days that I think people have grown tired.

Trooper York said...

Have you seen it from the beginning Meth? I thought it was great seasons one and two. Three kind of sucked but season four has been pretty cool so far.

Methadras said...

I'm trying to push through season one where she is still figuring out that she's a cop and that she's in big trouble with her 'partner' following her and crap.

Dust Bunny Queen said...

Me too Methadras. Sci Fi is my genre but I had a very hard time getting into the show. Possibly because I'm watching it with my husband who really finds Sci Fi difficult to get into at all. He is too practical and constantly critiquing the mechanics of the science and plot premises. Takes all the verisimilitude away.

Maybe I'll give it a try, watching on my own time.

Trooper York said...

The show really picks up when Helena the assassin comes on board.