Sunday, November 29, 2015

Ooooooohhhhhhhh Rob!!!

"Rob after we take this photo for our Christmas card I hope you will be staying home"
"Sorry but I can't Laura. Mel is on the warpath and I have to work with Sally and Morey."
"You spend more time with them then you ever did with me. Don't you realize how hot I am?"
"I realize that but I am a sixties sitcom husband and I am more worried about my work or my ad agency or my horse that my smokin hot wife or genie or witch. In other words I am a moron."
"Well at least we got that straight. I just hope we can get something else straight between us soon."
"Seriously. Calm down Laura. What are you gonna do. Divorce me and move to Minneapolis?"

7 comments:

ndspinelli said...

MTM was a real feminist. She was a fairly conservative Republican. She never whined, just produced one of the best TV shows ever made, portraying real women in the 70's. MTM created a team atmosphere. Ed Asner was an asshole, sexist. Cloris Leachman a princess, drama queen[no stretch]. Valerie Harper, a genuinely nice, hard working, generous team player.

Chip Ahoy said...

Cloris Leachman is one very funny woman.

That day I offered those four waiting in the hall use of my facilities and was turned down, then after a few minutes thinking returned with an offer of beer, the two guys responded immediately but the two women did not respond at all so I offered something sugary instead. Refused. I offered tea. Refused. Coffee. No reaction. Ice cold refreshing water, no reaction, the men already entered my apartment I turned and looked back, "Ovaltine?" A real offer so doubly amusing from my own pov, I mean c'mon that there is just f'n funny but the two women did not react. At all. While the two men were very interested inside engaging and having a beer while all four waited divided.

ndspinelli said...

I agree, Phyllis was a hilarious character although her spinoff did poorly. I think Leachman is a talented comedic actress. Just a bitch off camera. I can respect someones talent even knowing they're an asshole.

edutcher said...

Actually more like, "Ooooooohhhhhhhh Roooooooob!!!"

rcocean said...

Yep, MTM, B. Eden, and Elizabeth Montgomery. Good comedic actresses and very hot. You don't see that combo on TV today. Probably due to the TV execs who want dumbed down shows.

rcocean said...

Cloris Leachman is actually a babe in "Kiss Me Deadly".

chickelit said...

How did she get that hip-to-waist ratio? Foundation garments, or was she a natural wasp-waist like Julie Newmar was?