Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Cloudless colorful sunset, Photoshop gradient tool.

I keep looking for another chance for shot of a hummingbird even so far as inviting whatever random insects inside. Wasps discovered the feeder even they could come in just to avoid having the screen door in between subject and lens on the chance a visit could happen. It's the time of year for the birds to get moving. The camera is ready, the settings dialed in, the right lens is attached. All that looking produced a lot of very nice sunsets that would otherwise escape notice. This is what happens as tonight when there are no clouds in the sky at sunset. It's still an incredible light show.


Es mejor más grande. I thought, hey, I can do that in Photoshop. I betcya a dollar.

Want to see? Gradient tool, that's how. Although it will miss the tonal shift to pink where blue and orange meet, that too can be done using Gradient but it takes more finesse and more layers. The program blends two colors at a time, but it blends them however you tell it, to whatever degree at whichever angle and even curved and circular using option buttons.

Consider the two colors background and foreground colors. Pick the two colors to be blended from the original using the eyedropper tool then switch to gradient tool that is hidden underneath the paint bucket. They're related. Paint bucket fills a selected field with color, gradient tool blends two colors. I made this just for you.


4 comments:

Chip Ahoy said...

Hmmm. Odd. No, "Thank you, Chip, for sharing this helpful insight." No, "Boo, kiss my ass." Nothing.

That is one of Mum's favorite non-reaction summations, I say this in her memory. That boo-ass thing her saying, not mine.

Chip Ahoy said...

My phone up and died and a new one is supposed to be delivered today. We'll see how it goes.

They're been sending update messages, 10 so far last I looked last night, thing is, they're all text messages and none of the keys on my phone work. I can see I have messages but cannot do anything until I have the new phone. Then I can read them. They'll all be about the process of getting the phone to me that I will know all I need to know by then by having the phone in my hands.

This is not one them catch-22 things. This is a "oh we didn't think of that" things. Useful as the messages are, knowing they're adding up really is useful, it would be better to be notified by email instead.

I gave them the email, and they did ask do you want to use email for updates so naturally I said yes like a sane person with a broken phone would, who is ordering an new phone because the old one is broken.

But that was for advertisements that have nothing to do with my phone that I just bought, that is for notifications about future sales, so OFF the list for you as fast as you're on the acceptable list because Homie don't play dat.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

I spent the entire day yesterday in Aurora, out by the airport, with clients. Long day. at 4:00, after skipping lunch, my blood sugar dropped and I said - I gotta eat. McDonalds drive-thru to the rescue. Finally after 5:00 we finished up and shuffled into heavy traffic. So far away from the mountains you could see forever along the front range, but it was really hazy. Not as smokey as before, but hazy and cloudless, just like your photo. I prefer haze-less with a few puffy clouds. You know- Camelot.

edutcher said...

I learned to love the gradient tool (in the old Micrografx Graphics Suite) doing a website for The Blonde.

Nice you share.