Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I ate everything

This sounds like a wise girl. Hilariously wise girl. 



The key frame says, "Peanut butter and raisins" and that right there puts me in stitches all over again. Her list went on and on and on. I picture a girl-vacuum cleaner going around sucking in everything edible. I have no idea how old she is, as for myself by way of comparison, I was very late on the uptake, slow in making the connection between what I ate and poo that comes out. Until very late it was all just some mysterious thing I'd rather not think about, part of the tragedy and part of the unfortunate comedy of the human experience. A thing between my relationship with deity. Sometimes I would pray, "Lord, why did you make me, an angel, start out in human form? Why such low estate? Why the people of the mud? It's embarrassing. And as far as I can tell the Lord's all, "Oh, get over yourself already, that's part of it."  From my point of view this girl is philosophically advanced.

If only she had mentioned habanero chile sauce competition, double stuffed burritos, feast things like turkey, ham and lamb, tamales and guacamole salsa, soul food like black eye peas with smoked ham hock and chard. She paints a vivid picture.

It sounded like a girl to me, I suppose it could be a boy talking. 

3 comments:

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

I'm going with fake on this one.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

Saw my first episode of Black Mirror yesterday.

It was the one where the Prime Minister has to make a porcine decision.

More like 24 than The Twilight Zone but, yeah, I can see the connection.

bagoh20 said...

I watched all the Black Mirrors episodes on Netflix. That Prime Minister one, I thought, was one of the best, because although the scenario sounds outrageous at first, it is actually very plausible. Not that a political figure would ever do what he did, but that a terrorist would demand it. There are some great moral questions packed in there, and they interplay. The outcome, seemed to me, very realistic despite the fantastic nature of the story.

It can be seen as an allegory about torture and what is labeled torture, and if it should be used as a tool of virtuous people to save or protect the innocent. It's about heroism too. For a one hour show with a crazy premise, it was thought-provoking to this rube.