Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Voter Turned Away After Illegal Voter Pretended to be Him

An impostor illegally used a New Mexico’s man vote three days before the actual person came in to vote. The incident occurred in Rio Arriba County. When the real person came to cast his ballot, he was at first turned away, being told that he had already voted.

Only when the real person contested, saying he had not in fact voted, did election officials review their files and compare the signatures they had on record with the one signed by whoever voted three days earlier.

The signatures did not match. Why the officials did not check this in the first place has not been stated, and required voter ID laws were not in place. (read more)

7 comments:

bagoh20 said...

This does not really happen. OK, maybe just this one time, but that's it.

bagoh20 said...

Did you catch James O'Keefe on video getting the go ahead to vote 20 times as different people? He didn't actually vote, but he just had to sign the form each time and they were gonna let him. "Every vote counts"... my ass.

john said...

I almost signed for my ballot on the wrong line today. The book is upside down and the printed names are very small.

But I was the one who caught the almost-mistake, not the poll worker.

edutcher said...

This is why everybody but Democrats wants voter ID.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

I need to know how the first guy voted before I pass judgment.

Christy said...

I had my ID ready, just like the signs said, but no one else did and no one was asking for ID. White privilege.

Synova said...

I don't know if rules are different for different districts but in mine what they do is ask you your name and ask you to confirm your address. Only if you refuse to verbally state your name or address out loud in front of the poll worker, are they required to ask for an official ID (because then they can read your name and address, assuming you're shy.) The poll worker today asked for mine, because she was having trouble finding my name, or something. So I gave her my voter ID.

They used to have a print out they'd find your name on and circle it, so if you read upside down you could just pick a name you saw... our precinct was all automated this year.