Tuesday, October 1, 2013

For 2014,we are pleased to announce an overall reduction in total medical premiums of 7.5%.

What? That is a first. I tell you, a very first. I get these letters every year, I don't like opening them. Official looking, FRB seal, always a fresh look at health coverage, review significant changes, enroll in program. So much reading and decision making every single year.

Can't we just do this once a decade? Or less? Why so unsteady? The FRB is self-insured, they use companies to administer their programs, not pay claims. The letter continues, the reduction is attributed to lower medical claims costs incurred by Tenth District plan participants allowing the Bank to pass these savings onto employees. No changes to medical plan offerings. Enhancements and vendor changes have been made to offer more comprehensive vision coverage and improve prescription drug plan service.

This should make me very happy.

Easy enough to understand, why must I always be so suspicious? Why do I keep thinking I'm being played? Why? What could possibly cause such a mental dysfunction as to be this distrustful? I should simply celebrate a 7.5% reduction for the nonce however temporary before soaring. Oh there I go again being pessimistic, can't I just be a happy optimistic person?

No. That would be absurd.

3 comments:

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

We just refinanced our mortgage.

With the extra money I intend to start up a national chain of meth lab franchises.

PROFIT!!!

The Dude said...

Lydia was hot!

edutcher said...

If it's too good to be true, it probably is.