Tuesday, September 17, 2013

“We’re tired of the lies and the cover-up that continues to this day,”

"A CIA employee who refused to sign a non-disclosure agreement barring him from discussing the Sept. 11, 2012 terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya, has been suspended as a result and forced to hire legal counsel, according to a top House lawmaker."
Rep. Frank Wolf (R., Va.) revealed at an event on Monday that his office was anonymously informed about the CIA employee, who is purportedly facing an internal backlash after refusing to sign a legal document barring him from publicly or privately discussing events surrounding the Benghazi attack.
The revelation comes about a month after several media outlets reported that CIA employees with knowledge of the terror attack had been forced to sign non-disclosure agreements (NDA) and submit to regular polygraph tests.
The NDA agreements are meant to instill fear in employees and stop them from speaking “to the media or Congress,” Wolf said on Monday.
The CIA declined to comment directly on Wolf’s charges, but forwarded the Washington Free Beacon a letter sent to Congress from CIA Director John Brennan in which he denies charges that the agency has forced employees to sign NDAs and submit to polygraph tests.
“I want to assure you that I will not tolerate any effort to prevent our intelligence oversight committee from doing their jobs,” Brennan hand wrote at the bottom of the letter.
Washington Free Beacon

17 comments:

Shouting Thomas said...

How in the hell can you sign an NDA when your work is a matter of public policy? Isn't it sort of, you know, unconstitutional to agree with a public agency that you will withhold information from the voters?

That's a clever bit of bureaucratic fraud devised by lawyers.

Gotta admit, I signed NDAs by the dozen while I was working as a contractor. Shit, it was either that or forget about the job. For the most part, I couldn't figure out what in the hell it was that I might disclose... the location of my employer's bathrooms?

Between the NDAs and the peeing in a jar, employers have become stupid, rotten SOBs. I was running through the part-time job ads in craigslist the other day, and some SOB wanted to drug test applicants for a 30 buck a day job!

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

Most transparent regime in history!

with Hillary! frosting on top.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I am with you ST, how is this even allowed? And does a NDA allow you to not answer a congressional subpoena?

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

Eric Holder.
That's how.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

What difference, at this point, does it make? What matters most is protecting and providing cover for one political party and that party's hold on power.

Methadras said...

Most NDA's are about as tough as toilet paper. It's the scare tactic of polygraphs and prison that keeps these people silent.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Last week, on the way to the defund Obamacare rally, the rumor mill consensus was that Valerie Jarrett told Obama to go back to sleep.

If that comes out, that Obama's detachment led to the death of those service men, questions may be asked, well what else, what other decisions have been made, or neglected, because Obama has not been told or whatever.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

This whole cover-up, or appearance of a cover-up, has been an effort to protect Valerie Jarrett.

Valerie Jarrett may have ultimately given the order to stand down, w/o having the authority to do that.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

Walden Farms Italian salad dressing. It comes in these one ounce plastic packets. No calories, sugar, fat, carbs, etc.

Very convenient.

Still, I think I'll do without it, today, and eat my salad dry.

There's lots of sodium in it and the canned tuna I've got here is packed in olive oil and that makes it enough like salad dressing all on its own.

Such is lunch.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

I watched three episodes of The Big Bang Theory last night.

They were from the first season.

Penny was a little chubby and Sheldon was more of a flaming asshole, being more hostile than merely offbeat.

The guy who plays Wolowitz gets to demonstrate his voice talents. It's a bit obtrusive, at first, but you get used to it and he is very good at it.

I understand that the guy who played Aragorn was the only LOTR guy who could actually ride a horse.

Something to watch for, next time around.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

I remember Lorna Luft from TV games shows in the 1970s.

She still exists, apparently, on the internet.

She's sort of got a Paula Deen thing going these days except I'd be willing to lick her chest if you gave me 20 bucks and then bought me a drink afterwards.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

I've mentioned before that I'm trying to drop the last ten pounds.

For years my underpants have been size 34, but I've got some in size 32 ready for that special day of celebration.

But this morning I decided to put on a size 32, anyway, just to see what would happen.

And you know what? It feels okay.

ricpic said...

You remember Lorna Luft? She was invisible when present!

ndspinelli said...

Jake Tapper has been doing some solid reporting on this since he got his new show on CNN.

edutcher said...

As I keep saying, this thing ain't goin' away.

Call it what you want, but the souls of those guys won't rest until justice is done.

Icepick said...

What difference, at this point, does it make?

That's what I want to know about the Syria chemical weapon attack.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

So last night it was time for bed so I took off my underpants to put on my pajamas.

Surprise, surprise!

I had put the new size 32 underpants on inside out because they didn't have a tag, just printing where a tag should be.

So now I can get another day of wear out of them!!!