Monday, July 8, 2013

What's the Consensus?

At Trooper York's open comment section (imagine that) the consensus seemed to be that there were just too many conservatives crowding out the Althouse Blog.
Too many conservative crashers coming in via the venerated Glenn Reynolds Instapundit.

If this is true, then my suggestion is we need to coordinate some kind of effort to get Instapundit to open up the comments section. He travels under the PJTV umbrella and I believe they have an open comment section to subscribers I used to have a subscription at the beginning of that enterprise, but I found myself at Althouse so much, I let it elapse. It only used to be $5.00. 

I could be wrong about the consensus. But the suggestion still good and valid IMHO.

9 comments:

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I am not sure what set Ann off. I doubt it was same sex marriage disagreements (and for what it is worth, I am actually for it, provided it is democratically passed through legislation or inititives).

I think Ann and Meade have some weird control issues and very thin skins. But calling her commentator's losers seems counter productive.

Icepick said...

I don't think it is too many conservative crashers. I think it is too many boneheads and/or knuckleheads.

And Instapundit with comments would quickly devolve into something like FDL or LittleGreenFootballs. We don't need another one of those.

Icepick said...

Huh, I'm blocked from Trooper's site. I didn't think I had done anything to piss him off, but apparently I have.

Trooper York said...

Icepick you didn't do anything. You just have to have an invitation. Just email me at trooperyork@hotmail.com and I will send you one. No sweat and hope to hear from you soon.

Trooper York said...

I also don't have an open comment section. Only approved people are allowed. That is how you weed out toxic waste like Inga.

Lem doesn't understand how a lot of this works. Have mercy on him. He is a Red Sox Fan.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

You can say that again...

Wait.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Its possible that Althouse is creating a condition by which she can later say ... 'look what you said about me, you are not welcome at my kingdom ... go some other place you right winger, where there will only be weeping, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Ritmo, Inga and Garage and all the liberals in the kingdom of Althouse, but you yourselves thrown out.'

Trooper York said...

She will have her pet conservatives who will not rock the boat. You know the David Brooks, David Frum types. Good little boys who do their homework and wear their school blazers.

edutcher said...

Interesting description of the She Devil of the SS.