Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Colorado is home to delicious craft beer and wonderful scenic ski slopes.

Thankfully though, it also has the largest concentration of Space Warfare facilities in America, because skiing is for pussies and space-nukes are cool.
Tatiana Danger, road rippers.kinja per gizmodo

This does not look modern at all.

The places Dad worked looked different from this, all those places you could smell the ozone from electronics. The rooms were darkened with a green glow. That is how I recall them and nearly all my recollections are faulty. When I see photos they're brighter than that.

I told my aunt a photograph of the inside of USAF radar control room was my dad's stereo and she goes, "Really?" She had every reason to believe it was true. She was so easy to fake out. Only because we all are so distant. My nuclear family was what I knew for the most part. The others were there, of course, but we rarely saw each other.

I don't get the interest over there at rippers, these places look like dumps. I get the creeps just looking at these, and not just regular creeps, claustrophobic anachronistic, what's-with-that-huge-paper-catalog thing kind of creeps, like you really deep down do not trust your Earth-destroying electronics completely or your competency with them so need paper backup.



I love that show. Love that whole show. Stargate. But this entrance is dithhhh-pickable. Deplorable uncompromising brutalistic utilitarianism. Needs more flamingos. A few mountain plants.

[Somebody outside is singing. And has been for hours. It is the sort of thing where your impulse is to go, SHUT UP! Then I realize the noise is why I came here and the alto voice does sound very nice. And now when they stop I miss it.]

8 comments:

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

The cherry paneling adds a warm touch.

Karen of Texas said...

Oohhh... Stargate Sg-1...

Indeed.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Cheyenne Mountain would make a hell of a wine cellar.

rhhardin said...

They're changing the mountain's name to Redskins.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Somebody outside is singing. And has been for hours. It is the sort of thing where your impulse is to go, SHUT UP! Then I realize the noise is why I came here and the alto voice does sound very nice. And now when they stop I miss it.

Maybe its the way to go for some people.

deborah said...

I love the way they have four news channels playing. Are they waiting for Anderson Cooper to give the 'go'?

Methadras said...

Yeah, loved the stargate series. I even liked stargate universe and I was sad that they killed it when it was really getting good. SciFi network does that all the time. Kill shows that get good.

Bleach Drinkers Curing Coronavirus Together said...

"Shall we play a game?"

Greetings from Professor Falken.