Monday, February 12, 2018

And the wind did blow...

When the temperature drops by 40 degrees in little over a day there has to be some serious differences in barometric pressure across an area. We got that.

We also have fungi popping up -- that happens when the drought ends. We are definitely having some La Nina weather now, which is a good thing, right up until it isn't.


These are turkey tail fungi I found in my backyard today. They are among the first plants that begin to break down wood that is in ground contact. Those are growing on the roots of a silver maple I had taken down a couple of years ago.


This is a bowl I turned out of that silver maple, sitting on the remaining stump.

As I have written, I am not a big fan of Antonio Vivaldi, but at times I find his work amusing. This one seemed appropriate to today's weather:


No comments: