Friday, March 21, 2014

KLEM FM

Bang a gong...
Get it on...

Well you're dirty and sweet, clad in black
Don't look back and I love you
You're dirty and sweet, oh yeah
Well you're slim and you're weak
You've got the teeth of a hydra upon you
You're dirty sweet and you're my girl.

Chorus:
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on
Get it on, bang the gong, get it on

You're built like a car, you've got a hub cap diamond star halo
You're built like a car, oh yeah
You're an untamed youth that's the truth with your cloak full of eagles
You're dirty sweet and you're my girl.

Repeat chorus

You're windy and wild, you've got the blues in your shoes and your
stockings
You're windy and wild, oh yeah
You're built like a car, you've got a hub cap diamond star halo
You're dirty sweet and you're my girl.

Repeat chorus

You're dirty and sweet, clad in black, don't look back
And I love you
You're dirty and sweet, oh yeah
You dance when you walk so let's dance, take a chance, understand me
You're dirty sweet and you're my girl.

Repeat chorus

4 comments:

Chip Ahoy said...

These are among the oddest lyrics I've seen.

It is almost impossible to visualize and express in sign.

And I cannot imagine how to describe it in gif form. Yet.

The car is like a 56 Chevy, right? Something plain and solid and all steel.

And a Hydra is a monster with several snake/dragon heads, right?

And a diamond star hubcap halo is not so clear. I have not seen the likes of this. It is imaginary, right? So my arrangement of stars is up to my imagination, right? A halo is ring and a hubcap is a disc. The placement of such a thing on top of the head or behind the whole figure is up to question, we have Obama photographic deification to show us how that is done. That backlight trick doesn't work as well when his hair is entirely gray. You need a silouette sillouette siloughexxxx good sharp contrasting foreground edge.

So it becomes a challenge. It looks like the guy was stoned when he wrote it, freeform association, it works great for the song, and that becomes the thing that gets interpreted.

Here's how. Establish the car, blam, "car", it is an abrupt word in the lyric there, not a flower , not something tender and soft, not a streamlined sleek automobile, rather something that is reliably admirably driven, something solid, from the 50's, then show the wheels although "wheels" is not in the lyrics it provides a descriptive dance movement linking car to hubcap, assists with a visual picture, and a clear place to smack a hubcap for which there is no word, with a star design that expands to a full body aura, not a ring halo on the head. Show a solid hubcap become an aura for the solidness of a thin entrancing rideable mesmerizing girl that has the singer in a sort of trance. That seems to be the point of these lyrics.

deborah said...

What unusual lyrics.

deborah said...

And there is one puzzling adjective that doesn't fit in with the rest...does anyone see the one I mean?

chickelit said...

I like the guitar work in this song. I posted the lyrics because it's one of those songs grew up hearing and maybe make up my own lyrics for. I posted them to clarify any mis-hearings.

Which adjective doesn't belong, deborah?