During a dark season of my life, when hope was hard to find and hold, it was Dolly's version of this song that helped me through. When I'd sing along with her in the car as I was driving, I could feel my spirit lift. Her heart, sparkle, and character also served as a light, along with her determination to live life her way. She used her gifts and assets for good, opening doors and offering her music, humor, and perspective as an invite and opportunity to bless others. I'm grateful for her and the effect she had on my life, feeling the sadness that's comes with knowing her life here is over. She was most definitely one of a kind!
When troubles surrounds us
When evils come
The body grows weak
The spirit grows numb
When these things beset us
He doesn't forget us
He sends down His love
On the wings of a dove
On the wings of a snow-white dove
He sends His pure sweet love
A sign from above
On the wings of a dove
3 comments:
60 year career. Only a very few can say that.
With a 58 year marriage that held together alongside her career, fame and stardom.
Here's a link to an article about her that I liked: https://www.commentary.org/articles/rob-long/the-beauty-parton/#
Post a Comment