Thursday, June 14, 2018

It's good for your men'al healf ta have a bit of a wee walk.

This was panned all around for not being funny.

But it is funny if you can overlook the speech impediment, but we cannot do that either.

It's the sounds that he makes and his facial contortions that put me in stitches because walking is good for your mental health.



Here's the thing, you don't have to challenge aggressively. People are generally naturally concerned for the environment, even during their episodes of carelessness, their anger or isolation or just not thinking. You have only to point it out. We all received the same indoctrination. 

A homeowner friend left his kitchen water running unnecessarily. He is aggressively political liberal. We've all been taught to shut off the water while brushing our teeth! I asked innocently, "Is it expensive being a water-waster?" He snapped it off reflexively. He hated being thought a water-waster His own liberal indoctrination did that, not me.

My brother was testing my 10 stage water filter that somebody gave me. I kind of resented having that tall bulky thing with a tube cluttering my sink area when Denver water tastes so good without it. My brother asked me how long the filters last. I said a very long time, a few years, but then I don't usually leave it running like you are. He snapped it right off. 

It's quiet around here on Sunday. Just me on the sidewalk and a tall young man circling on his bike in the middle of the street with no traffic. He dropped a container on the street and rode around it. I said gently, "The whole street is a garbage bin." He snapped back some smart-ass remark. My point was still made. On my return I noticed the same beverage container at the top of of nearby bin. That wasn't me that caused him to pick up his trash, it was his own conscientiousness from our same indoctrination, our same environmental concern. All three incidents play on the same thing we share. Your messing around affects me. I have only to say, "look at you." 

1 comment:

ricpic said...

Most wonderful heartfelt video I've seen in a dog's age.....AND I MEAN IT!!!