Sunday, June 17, 2018

Dear Dad


Sir,

I hope all is well with you. I have to ask your help in a troubling matter. As you might have heard there was an accident on my Carrier. It was not my fault. I must reiterate. It was not my fault.

I was sitting in my plane on the Forestall and suddenly it blew up. I did not do it. I did not dump it. I did not crash it like I did the plane in Florida or the one in Spain. Those were my fault. I was hot dogging it then. But I was totally innocent this time.

Unfortunately there were quite a few casualties. I don't want to cast aspersions but I think the Captain is trying to pin this on me. I think he has an animus against me. I understand he served under both you and Grandfather. He seems to have taken against me from the first.

I hate to ask for your help again but this is the worst situation I have been in since I was last in my class at the Academy and you had your friend pump up my grades  to at least fifth from the bottom. I need your help.

You know our family name is the most important thing. We must protect it and honor it. The McCains deserve it. We are the elite. America needs us.

Please I beg of you. Help me this once last time.

I love you Dad. Plus if you don't help me I will tell Mom and you know how that will work out for you.

Sincerely yours,
John

4 comments:

edutcher said...

Wonder how Slew arranged for Songbird to get blown out of the sky.

ricpic said...

Nasty!

Well, I'm sitting here buck naked at the computer watching the shadows creep across the farm field I look out on. Approaching the solstice. Best time of the year. Non-pariel June. Will I see another? Drink it in, baby, as ol' Buk would say.

ndspinelli said...

ric, Make sure you have electrical tape over your computer camera.

m9777 said...

Pray tell, Johnny Boy...who else did the “wet start?”