Sunday, May 20, 2018

That Happened

Seen on Netflix, the Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale. He ridicules ridiculous things seen on television, now apparently he is ridiculing ridiculous posts on Twitter collected for ridicule on Reddit.

Reddit does Joel McHale's ridiculing for him.

Reddit/thatHappened.

From the subreddit description: This is a satire subreddit for fleshed out stories, not just texts and one-liners. If your story is obviously true or verifiable, it will be removed. Your post must be a story. Not a sentence or a picture with text on it. Take a moment before posting. The following are not allowed; Greentext. AdviceAnimals. Memes or image macros. Confessions. Texts. Short Tweets. Jokes. Forwards from Grandma. A picture with text.

The story posted to Twitter submitted to Reddit that was read by Joel McHale on Netflix was:
My three year old said something so mature and awesome in line at the grocery store that the checker and other customers in line applauded and then they bought our groceries..

Joel McHale and his crew act out another Twitter post submitted to Reddit. Joel McHale as class teacher writes on the chalkboard that adults are told the two things that you never discuss are "religion" and "politics." The crew playing high school students are fidgeting, the camera focuses on an outsider type goth punk student with facial piercings and jet black hair cut sharply and draped over one eye who says, "That's why things never change." McHale the teacher slumps out of the classroom with tears streaming down his face, and the goth teenager is cheered by the class and walks  triumphantly like Moses passing through a mass of classmates who rose from their desks to collect around him.

On Reddit, I scan down for the posts with the most responses.

1) That'll shut 'em up! 306 comments

So, I was at a restaurant with my six year old and we ended up having to sit next to vegans. After listening to them complain about meat and animal cruelty, my daughter took a bite of burger and loudly said, "I wonder if a cucumber in her throat would shut her up?"

The fun is in comments.

* Eh, these things happen. I was at McDonald's and the person in front of us was asking what they could order, as they were vegans. My 3 year old said to me "why are they vegans?" And I was like "idk maybe because they liberal homosexuals" but they heard me and turned aground and "Actually it's because we believe that all animals deserve a certain amount of respect"
My 3 year old looked them dead in the eye and said, "your mom sure didn't have a problem eating my meat last night, you queerass motherf'k'r."
So proud.

   * And then everyone in the theater clapped

   * Don't forget, the teacher gave them an A and their grandma gave them a crisp $100 bill

[Oh, come on! Sometimes these things really do happen. It's what makes the story. The TRUE story. Those things actually happened to me. Goddamnit. These responses question my real life, and laugh at assuming I'm lying. Little bitty children really did clap when I stood up torturously after walking so long then sitting on the grass with my legs giving out. Just watching an exhausted old white man having so much trouble getting up really was sufficiently fascinating to them to arrest their high energy for a moment's attention. And I really did receive through the mail (2) $50.00 gift certificates to Whole Foods two days after making 12 impressively imaginative iceberg wedge salads, with my own blu cheese dressing. I have the photographs. And a guest really did take the 1/2 jar of leftover dressing home with them. Son of a bitch. Now because of this I cannot relate my true anecdotes because they sound too much like this obviously made up bragging crap. *slam* And those were really cool very real life events too. Online cynics ruin everything. Incidentally, I was at Domo a nearby Japanese restaurant, traditional as anything you'll ever see, with a friend, outside in the gloriously authentic Japanese garden, when a couple sat at the table next to us. They read their menus then left. I asked the (Japanese) waiter what went wrong. "We're not vegan enough for them." My friend and I laughed our asses off. His phrasing is what was so funny. The vegans were perfectly polite. Nothing obnoxious about it.]

The comments at Reddit really are funny.

* I’m glad he looked them dead in the eye! That’s how people know he means business!

Let's continue. Scanning for posts with the most responses. Passing some pretty good titles.

2) Low Effort TitleAnd then the cars clapped. 318 comments.

I blasted this song in my car today and a guy beside me rolled down his window and he yelled one more time! And we both jammed to this while th light was red and even some of the pedestrians nodded their heads. I just saw the power of music bringing people together. (The song title is not mentioned.)

* Then Barack Obama arrived and started twerking to the beat

   * And then Albert Einstein put a $100% bill in his g-string, winked, and said “The condoms are under the sink”

* JFK came with a two bottles of hennesy in hand grinding on Obama.

   * You forgot the most important detail, he descended from a helicopter

   * 🎶🎵 One more term... 🎵🎶

3) Woke child's wokeness awokens teacher 84 comments.

Wow! My 9 year old daughter was set to learn about slavery in her school. On her own (having learned from my wife & I) she told her teacher that they should've learned all about Africa before they started learning about slavery ... AND HER TEACHER CHANGED THE CURRICULUM!

* Also at that very moment the world started turning the other direction, dogs and cats started living together, everyone plugged in their USB the right way on the first try, and got every light green on the way to work, where found waldo and got the good news that Jesus is coming back before lunch, too!

* And then everyone slow clapped.

* The music washed away all the hate. Society started advancing. Every demographic was represented. It was a rainbow coalition of dancing...

* The teacher tossed all her prep; the state changed its curriculum and testing standards; and the Governor mailed the girl a gold star.

2 comments:

Leland said...

OMG, the 6 year old made a fellatio joke! The parents!

Oh, and I didn't read the rules, I just came here to be triggered.

deborah said...

Meta.