Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Carnivore Diet

I read the links posted below regarding how the Peterson family dealt with their health issues by changing their diet. Hmm, seems like something I should work on.

Right off I realize that I like carbs with my meat - meat and potatoes. If I have some ham I want it to be a slice of ham on a piece of bread. That's going to be a tough hurdle right there.

Flipping through Netflix this evening I inadvertently started rewatching the Japanese tv show that Chip recommended some time back - Samurai Gourmet. Man, they do food prep right on that show. But they don't hold back on the carbs - washing down all that good food with beer or sake, so that is not a precise model of what I need to do.

Pork! Biru! Beef! Sake! Yeah, this is going to take some effort. I can forgo the alcohol, but I need to find where I can get some of those pickled vegetables - I remember them from my last trip to Japan and I liked them. Time to find out if they still like me. Pickles good.

Rice - fuhgedaboudit! Pas de noodles, too. Time to start writing a new shopping list with more carnivorous ingredients. Should be interesting.

Did too much work today and I am all in, but did get a walk in this evening - longer days are a good thing. Saw flowers:


And honeysuckle - it's out and blooming - how about that?



5 comments:

deborah said...

Here's another elimination-type diet:

whole30

shopping list

chickelit said...

Owsley approves!

deborah said...

Did you have any spirit quest animal totem encounters in the desert? Sleepy-time, so I'll take your answer off the air.

MamaM said...

Crab trees in full bloom today, along with the pears.

MamaM said...

Thanks, CL. I followed your Bear tracks here: https://zerocarbzen.com/the-bear/