Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Sale: emersion blender half off

I told the young woman at Trader Joe's these are the best dates that I've ever tasted. They keep them refrigerated. She said the best dates that she's ever tasted are from some place in California that I didn't remember.

"Oh, I'll hop in my truck and go straight there."

She looked put off. "You should. No really, if you're ever there, then you should. Because they make the best date and banana milkshake in the world. It doesn't sound good, but it is."

I can try that. Turns out it is good. But the warmth of the dates, I didn't refrigerate mine. I eat them too quickly to be that fastidious, and the warmth of the banana caused mine to be not so milkshake-like. So tonight I broke them apart and put them in the freezer to chill. Then fell asleep, and they chilled too long. I burned out another emersion blender. This is the third emersion blender I burned out by overworking it too hard. I know because I have all the attachments that came with them.

So I ordered another one. That'll be more attachments.

To my surprise, usually $60.00, marked down to $30.00. Here. 

It looks a little bit different. I sure hope it matches all the other implements.

You should buy one.

4 comments:

deborah said...

I have an immersion blender I bought for making soap. Of course I've never used it.

deborah said...

I stared to spell emersion, then I thought, no, immersion :(

I have a Kitchen Aide hand mixer, but I think my EB is Krups.

Look at all the colors! I sometimes ask myself what color Kitchen Aide stand mixer I would buy, if I wanted one. And I haven't because they're yuge, and I fancy myself a scaled back kind of person. Dislike cluttered kitchen counters. I don't bake enough to justify one, really. Probably I'd buy stainless or white.

The Dude said...

I bought the blue one, then gave it to a friend. She got the food processor, too. I have a microwave I use to dry bowls. It's a good life.

MamaM said...

I have a close family relative who enjoys browsing through catalogs and opining about what she'd order if she were going to order which either segues into more opining about why she's decided not to order or results in her filling out an order blank (in elaborate penmanship) that she doesn't send in but leaves attached to the catalogs which are then stacked up in piles around her house. It drives me nuts. I don't like entering into that form of fantasy based speculation and engagement with her.

I also bought a blue one and gave it to SonM last year for Christmas. I received a white one as a gift years ago and used the whuppers out of it of back in the day when I baked and cooked. When I made meringues for my mom a year ago last year for Easter, it rose to the occasion like a champ.