Sunday, December 10, 2017

Frank Luntz acts amazed in Moore focus group



The group says some interesting things. Early marriage, forgiveness and such. Luntz asks, "how many women would it take?" And none of them are sufficiently acute to say, "if we said 10 then DNC would provide 12, if we said 20 then DNC would provide 25." But they did say it doesn't matter, and I guess that means the same thing. They see through the DNC tactics and they're not having it. They're not being played anymore. Luntz feigns incomprehension to get at their core.

Sadly, I could only make it less than halfway when my old man editor snapped it off suddenly. It rules everything nowadays. Maybe you can do better than I did. At 3:30, Luntz suddenly took on the appearance and mien and pleading manner of Patton Oswald and instantly my viewing was finished.

Like this.



Can you even tell them apart? 

Speaking of Patton Oswald, he is featured in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., a show that is watchable until Patton Oswald shows up and I'm all wh-a-a-a-a-a-t? No. Just no. No. No. No. No. No.

So I skipped ahead. turns out there are two of them. One Paton Oswald isn't enough for Marvel to inflict on their viewers so they give him an important position, the boss of everyone, and make him into twins! Double no, double no, double no, double N.O. 

So I skipped until no Patton Oswald. Then skipped whenever Patton Oswald showed up. Skipped again. Skipped again. Next episode, skipped again, skip, skip, skipped again. Next episode, skipped, skip, skip, skipped again. I skipped three full episodes straight through because they had too much Patton Oswald. I did not watch one single second of Patton Oswald. I just kept skipping past his fat ugly, squat compacted corpulent self. And I don't care what he added to show nor what I missed. I don't care how brilliant his performance or non-political his role. He is not having one more second of my attention. Forever. That's how vehement and controlling and narrow my old-man editor has become. It's cranked up to high all the time. And now even someone who looks like Patton Oswald, or behaves momentarily like Patton Oswald, as Frank Luntz does here, gets the same treatment. And that's not even a resolution, not even a conscious decision. It just happened automatically. It's a psychological/intellectual shield. A psychic forcefield. And it's impenetrable. 


9 comments:

William said...

The good thing about Patton Oswald is that he's easy to avoid. Amy Schumer too. I think you really have to go out of your way to even encounter Chelsea Handler......It's more of a challenge with Meryl Streep or Jennifer Lawrence. I'm not even sure if I want to avoid them, even though I'm enabling rapist enablers by watching their movies.

Amartel said...

I enjoyed his character in "Justified" but didn't know he was obnoxious about his politics at the time. I really don't care about a person's politics unless it becomes part of their persona and can't be avoided. That's what so many celebs have done, branded themselves as "progressive" and it's such a mistake. It's a tramp stamp that they won't be able to laser off.

WWIII Joe Biden, Husk-Puppet + America's Putin said...

The women who are crawling out of the woodwork all sound like gross HIllary Dem supporters.
or - liars.

Chip Ahoy said...

Tramp stamp, that's hilarious.

Leland said...

Agents of SHIELD is still fresh? I did quit watching when Patton Oswald twin showed up. Not because of him, because I didn't know who he was at the time and didn't care to learn either. I quit watching because the shows recycling of characters from the good side to the bad side and vice versa made it difficult to follow. Actually, that's not quite true. I could follow it, but I no longer cared about the character. You invest in a character because of their acts, and next you know, they are the villain and the villain you wanted to lose is now the victim.

I think the left started going down this road when they thought W said you are either with us or against us. He was really talking about stopping terrorism funding, but the left didn't care what he actually said, just what they could pretend he said. Soon, movies came out with ambiguous protagonist and antagonists. The most obvious being Star Wars Episode III crawl with the line "heroes on both sides". It continues now with the next Star Wars. It just seemed to me that AOS was doing the same. Maybe it was necessary for Marvel Civil War? But then just seemed like more of the idea that the good guys really weren't.

ndspinelli said...

Luntz looks like he's on the vodka, Cheetos, cupcake diet.

Trooper York said...

Patton is a member in good standing of the Hollywood Wife Killers Club.

At least Morning Joe only killed an intern.

They are expendable.

rcocean said...

Frank Luntz has sure put on the weight. And the Toupee is still fake as hell.

Nothing against him personally, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's some "Sexual Harassment" charges being readied against him.

He just looks like that kind a guy.

Methadras said...

Ugh, did you have to compare Patton Oswalt to Luntz. I'm not a big fan of Lefty Luntz, but at least he's honest, on camera. Oswalt is a just a little turd begging you to step on him.