Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Singer Morrissey blasted Merkel for destroying Europe

In an interview Steven Morrissey, who rose to prominence as lead singer for the Smiths but now a solo artist with ten top ten hits on the UK Singles Chart, said in an interview with Die Spiegel, "I want Germany to be German. I want France to be French." Adding, "If you try to make everything multicultural, you will not have any culture in the end." And, "All European countries have fought for their identity for many, many years." And, "And now they just throw it away. I think that's sad."

Somehow this is considered controversial.

What a sensible fellow.

Say, what do you think about this? Sway me with your opinion.

Until then, I'll be thinking about other things.

As soon as I read the name Morrissey I thought how bummed out I am that the TV series Charmed on Netflix does not open with the Love Spit Love cover of the Smiths How Soon is Now. Plus, the witches are girlish. Instead of that excellently weirdly reverberating guitar they use some other goofy song that's not even mysterious. And although the Love Split Love cover is intriguing, it does not improve on the original. I must erase all that from my mind and overwrite it with the Smiths original.



I want to show this song.




And make it match.

But it presents unique challenges to my manner of speaking. I don't know how to say "heir" precisely. I don't know how to say, "criminal" precisely, nor, "vulgar." I don't say, "everybody else does" in sign language. I do know how I'd manage it all. I practiced this song quite a lot, while having trouble getting it to match. And I wonder how other people show those things.


There you have it.  Slipshod ersatz substitutions the whole way. He does not show these things.

He does "heir" as "person here" There is no "from the past to now" as a reversed "people in the past" or a "grandparents" done backward to me.

He needs "inherit person"

"I am the heir" = me inherit person

There is no criminality mentioned, nor any vulgarity. And he omits "particularly" I did not even see a "special" in there, no "picked out"

However, credit for "just like everybody else does" is shown as "same all around."

But no picture of people doing anything. No "everybody" and no "do"or "does."

My picture shows a crowd of individuals, "doing" the same. His does not create that visual image.

I did not see specifically, "I am human." Rather, I saw, "this is me."

And I did not see, "I need love" specifically." Rather, I saw "connection."

Grade = C

I learned nothing. Except originally I had Love Split Love and seeing him spit and then seeing him spell S P I T showed their real name. So I did learn one thing.

And I also learned  that some people just slide through with tremendous generalities and expect that to work for mysterious eeriness and unusual psychologically troubled lyrics.

His introduction is equally sloppy and slipshod. His fingerspelling is indecipherable. I saw each letter but they don't make sense. He did not show a clear "CHARMED" as if typewritten.

I saw:

double okay, interpret music name title how soon now by song group love spit  love L O V E S P I T L O V E are like music hit many in CA mix [bye?] show C R C H R M 1 act 

[Oh! CHARM. Of course. Duh. ]

about 3 dot sister defend title [something mouth] people “i” theme song [okay, the bye thing means tv show, “shaking show”] witchcraft magic song in feelings pleasure

Finally! I had to watch twice. He’s introducing the song logically enough as the theme song to the tv show Charmed about three sisters involved with witchcraft, and the song matches the magical feeling of the show. 

He does not mention the Smiths. That I noticed. And I did not see “copy” or “cover” or “imitate.” So I'm not sure he even knows that.

Having said all that I like this guy. He took the trouble of creating a blank backdrop. He wore plain clothing. He didn't dance around and although his fingerspelling is sloppy and unclear, his letters are still fairly well formed. And foremost he does not make the mistake of transliterating English to sign. That would not make sense.  

And he's the only person who tried. 

5 comments:

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

Only a gay guy can say this and live.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

If you or I said it, we'd be the worst kind of racist xenophobic turd-blossom.

Because Islamic supremacism is so hip and cool with the cool kidz.

edutcher said...

How could he say such things?

It's so... intolerant.

ricpic said...

But wanting Germany to remain Germany and France to remain France PRIVILEGES those cultures over the culture of, say, Yemen!

AllenS said...

Good for Morrissey. The more that entertainers start speaking up, the faster the word will get out to the idiot youth. Who were probably brainwashed all thru high school, and beyond.